Rik Ferguson, VP Security Research, TrendMicro & Andrew Bird, EA Visionary, Interview Moderator
Interview in partnership with BrightTALK, The Stack and Cloud Industry Forum
Rik Ferguson, VP of Security Research at TrendMicro, joined us for a video interview to discuss the following trending topics:
- The evolution of attack vectors in the past years
- Antwerp Seaport shipping container system hack and what can we learn from it
- What to do when hit by a ransomware attack
- Cyber security and Brexit
- Cyber security and the Russian hack of the US election
- The most overlooked area of cyber security that professionals should concentrate on
- Leading prevention technologies against ransomware
- Ransomware of Things
- Security challenges in digital transformation
About the Speaker:
Rik Ferguson, Vice President of Security Research at Trend Micro, is a Special Advisor to Europol EC3, project leader with the International Cyber Security Prevention Alliance (ICSPA), Vice Chair of the Centre for Strategic Cyberspace & Security Science and advisor to various UK government technology forums. In April 2011 Rik was inducted into the Infosecurity Hall of Fame
As a presenter at global industry events such as RSA, Mobile World Congress, InfoSecurity, Virus Bulletin, RUSI and the e-Crime Congress, Rik addresses the challenges posed by emerging technology and online crime. He is frequently interviewed by the BBC, CNN, CNBC, Channel 4, Sky News and Al-Jazeera English and is quoted by national newspapers and trade publications throughout the world.
Rik writes the Countermeasures blog and is the lead spokesperson for Trend Micro, he also writes regular columns for CIO, ZDNet, T3 and several other European publications. In this position, Rik is actively engaged in research into online threats and the underground economy. He also researches the wider implications of new developments in the Information Technology arena and their impact on security both for consumers and in the enterprise.