Keeping Up With Conti

Presented by

Keegan Keplinger, Research and Reporting Lead at eSentire

About this talk

In May 2022, Conti leaders shut down operations as a formal entity. Yet affiliate groups, Black Basta and BlackByte, have followed in Conti’s footsteps, carrying out destructive and damaging ransomware attacks against organisations globally. 41% of these victim organisations tracked on Black Basta and BlackByte leak sites are based in Europe, and the other 59% are primarily U.S.-based. Moreover, many of the Europe-based organisations targeted by Black Basta and BlackByte are part of critical infrastructure sectors including energy, transportation, pharmaceuticals, education, government, facilities, and food. Join this webinar with Keegan Keplinger, Research and Reporting Lead at eSentire, as he walks through: - The background and history of the Conti ransomware group, how they have evolved, and the current state of their operations - Notable Black Basta and BlackByte ransomware attacks on critical infrastructure sectors, and the subsequent damage to victim organisations - Recommendations from TRU on how to protect your organisation from this cyber threat Register now to reserve your spot and submit your related questions in advance for the live Q&A.

Related topics:

More from this channel

Upcoming talks (1)
On-demand talks (128)
Subscribers (4249)
eSentire, Inc. is the Authority in Managed Detection and Response, protecting the critical data and applications of 1500+ organizations in 80+ countries, representing 35 industries from known and unknown cyber threats. Founded in 2001, the company’s mission is to hunt, investigate and stop cyber threats before they become business disrupting events. Combining cutting-edge machine learning XDR technology, 24/7 Threat Hunting, and proven security operations leadership, eSentire mitigates business risk, and enables security at scale. The Team eSentire difference means enterprises are protected by the best in the business with a named Cyber Risk Advisor, 24/7 access to SOC Cyber Analysts, Elite Threat Hunters, and industry-leading threat intelligence research from eSentire’s Threat Response Unit (TRU). eSentire provides Managed Risk, Managed Detection and Response and Incident Response services. For more information, visit and follow