Pierre Debru, Director, Research, WisdomTree
Whether thematic investments are used tactically or strategically, investors’ portfolio allocation needs to be able to accommodate for them efficiently. However, thematic investments do not fit naturally in pre-existing processes and frameworks.
In this webinar, we propose three possible approaches to fit both tactical and strategic investments in investors’ portfolios. We will also look at how such allocations can improve the overall risk-return profile of such portfolios.
• The Core Satellite Approach,
• The Global Equity Approach,
• The Long-Term Approach.
Thematic investments promise to harness long-term growth by turning structural, world-changing shifts into compelling investment opportunities. While rife with potential, these new investment strategies also create risks for investors as they force us to rethink how we evaluate these tools in the context of fund selection and asset allocation. Across this series, we will look at the investment process in its entirety and propose adjustments that would allow investors to harness the power of megatrends through thematic investments.
Other webinars in this series:
• Understanding the Thematic Universe - The WisdomTree Thematic Classification
• Selecting thematic funds – Five criteria to separate the wheat from the chaff?
• Strategic or Tactical Thematic portfolios - How to combine the different themes?