Helen Beal DevOps Institute, Charlie Smith Barracuda, Ricky Martin Cyber McKesson
Cloud Security in 2021: How To Create a Safer Workplace Episode 2
In the past, most businesses stored their data on-premise, but recently, more and more organisations are opting for cloud storage - due to flexibility, reduced costs, and storage capabilities. A recent survey by Barracuda found that 86% of organisations leverage public cloud for data storage purposes. However, 30% of respondents reported that they have not yet added additional security solutions to their public cloud. This leaves many organisations balancing a fine line between storing data on the cloud, and efficient security.
Does there have to be a duality between cloud storage and security, and if not, how can you leverage both?
To secure your data effectively, you need granular protection with point-in-time retrieval and customisable backup. Securing your network, cloud security, and connectivity removes pitfalls associated with traditional VPNs, and employees can access cloud applications without jeopardising organisational security.
Join us as Barracuda and cloud security experts come together to discuss:
- Why effective cloud-to-cloud backup is important now more than ever before
- Strategies for effectively securing your data on the cloud as amounts of data grow day by day
- Use cases from companies who have done cloud backup right
- The value of granular protection on the cloud
- How to leverage cloud storage and cloud security at the same time
-Helen Beal Chief Ambassador at DevOps Institute
-Charlie Smith Consulting Solution Engineer, Data Protection at Barracuda
-Ricky Martin Senior Cyber Security Engineer at McKesson