IBC | NDI Vizrt Group | SMPTE | VRT
SMPTE’s ST 2110 suite of standards and the NDI high performance IP standard provides the basis for sending digital media over an IP network and represents the bedrock of professional production and a relatively risk-free way to segue the industry’s legacy SDI base in production and distribution facilities by providing for uncompressed video and precision timing, both of which are essential attributes for managing and distributing live content.
But as the means of content consumption has started to change, and amid greater adoption of the cloud, the role and evolution of both SMPTE 2110 and NDI have garnered more attention.
During this webinar, industry experts will discuss how broadcasters and their vendor partners are working to break down barriers between production and distribution, and the individual yet complimentary roles of SMPTE 2110 and NDI, including:
· The evolution of SMPTE 2110 and roadmap for development
· The evolution of NDI, and its expanding community of users and developers
· Examples of adoption and recent projects
· Alternative options for video over IP
· Migrating from SDI and managing hybrid environments
· Accommodating 4K and HDR UHD
· Compression and the issue of latency