Eric Vanraes, Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, EI Sturdza
The presentation will cover:
- Europe: between very good news (QE) and bad news (Greece)
- Europe: a weak euro + weak oil prices + very low interest rates + ECB QE = good surprise on growth before year end?
- US: the Fed behaviour; Fed funds rate hike and USD strength
- US: good macro-economic data vs deflation fears
- US: international flows + BoJ QE and ECB QE + fight to quality = flattening of the US Treasury yield curve and 10- 30 yr rally despite macro and Fed