Danny Kattan, Managing Partner, Capital Markets at PIA Residential
In "The Impact of Technology on Real Estate," I will discuss emerging technology that will affect various real estate asset classes. Many real estate investors are not including technological risk in their evaluations of opportunities. Having these technological advances on your radar will create an opportunity for you to assess how they will directly or indirectly impact your potential investments. The pace of the adoption of technology is much quicker than markets anticipate. We will dive into a few technologies that are colliding into each other, reinventing products, services, and industries. I will also discuss how COVID along with technological advancement will expedite the timeline for change, just as the 2008 crisis saw the birth of the "Sharing and Gig Economy" the COVID crisis will see the birth of the "Collaborative and Distance Economy."
· Residential is a much safer bet, why?
· Geographical preferences and how they will change.
· Technology will alter the labor pool, giving and taking jobs.
· There are no absolutes. No asset class will disappear.
· The effects of Autonomous Platforms, AI, 3D Printing, Batteries and Solar, VR, and other emerging tech that will affect real estate in many ways.