Paul Wendee, Managing Director of Paul M. Wendee & Associates, LLC
The global trend toward ESG creates both challenges and opportunities for enterprises. It is no longer a matter of “should an enterprise embrace ESG?” It is a matter of how to address the challenges and capitalize on the opportunities. As investors’ appetite for sustainable investment solutions grows, there are huge innovation opportunities for those who are able to adapt to the green economy. This timely presentation will share some insights on how to adapt an enterprise’s strategic approach to succeed in the age of ESG 2.0. Here are some of the topics which will be discussed:
• Discover measurement strategies to take your ESG investment strategy to the next level.
• Stakeholders vs. shareholders.
• John Mackey’s view of stakeholder value vs. Kevin O’Leary’s view of shareholder value (the 2019 FreedomFest debate).
• Value Driver Theory and the Value Creation Process Chart.
• Incorporating stakeholders into Value Driver Theory and the value creation process.
• John Mackey’s Conscious Capitalism.
• A Value Creation Theory of the Economy. How does ESG fit into that model?
• Can you measure the impact of ESG with the discounted cash flow model (DCF)?
• What ESG metrics should an enterprise use?
• Doing Good is Good Business.