Social Media and Marketing Best Practices for Advisors [Video]
We interviewed social media maven, Cathy Curtis on the following topics:
- The Value of Having a Target Client
- Turning Your Website into a Lead Generator
- Attracting Your Perfect Client
- Blogging Best Practices
- What advisors could do better
Did her answers spur new ideas for your practice? Do you still have unanswered questions you'd like to ask Cathy? Sign up with a live Q&A with Cathy here: https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/6867/72511
RecordedApr 15 201310 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
After the Federal Open Market Committee meeting and the Bank of England's Monetary Policy meeting, this webinar will discuss the implications of monetary policy and interest rates and how this will affect developed and emerging markets.
Igor Tsukerman, President & CIO, Passed Pawn Advisors
As ETF market in the US continues to grow, where do the issuers find new niches? Find out what’s been attracting investments, where the growth is, what is new and what is coming. We will look at some themes and trends in the markets – economic, demographic, geopolitical, regulatory and technological – and see what ETF issuance can tell us about the next big thing in investing. We’ll also focus on smart beta, as well as many factors driving demand and supply, such as ETF costs, regulation, innovation and fintech.
The Wealth Management industry is increasingly required to cut costs & ensure their clients are getting the best returns for their money. Smart Beta, or creating passive investments that are chosen using more than just cap-weighted selection parameters, may seem like a panacea to this problem.
This webinar will dive into how Wealth Managers are using Smart Beta in their strategies, and will ask questions such as:
- How will regulations such as MIFID II affect wealth managers portfolios and usage of Smart Beta?
- Is it possible to use Smart Beta as a Premium Offering?
- Will Smart Beta mean the end of Active Management in the next 5 years?
The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters is the foremost creative force for engaging the world’s top leaders in collaborative activities to shape the global, regional and industry agendas at the beginning of each year.
There are 4 themes that are shaping the world right now, and there are investment implications for all of them.
- Global economic leadership is no longer dominated by multilateralism but characterized by “plurilateralism”
- The balance of global power has shifted from unipolar to multipolar
- Ecological challenges, including but not limited to, climate change, are threatening socio-economic development
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution is introducing technologies at a speed and scale unparalleled in history
This panel will discuss how investors can harness the power of these trends and create profit with purpose in finding their solutions.
Matthew Wood Creative Marketing Strategist ClientsFirst
Linkedin is now the go to B2B marketing platform with over 250 million active monthly users and 40% of those visiting the site daily. You can be sure than your audience is there are ready to have meaningful conversations.
But, it's often underused as a way to generate new high quality leads. when really it should be one of the main platforms in a b2b marketers arsenal.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How to leverage Linkedin's advertising capabilities to generate high quality leads
- How to start organic conversations on Linkedin using content
- How to use thought leader tactics to increase your businesses reach
The oil & gas industry is an easy target for sustainable energy proponents; a convenient villain. But is that title accurate? They are keenly aware of the market opportunity in their industry, and may be the most well-positioned to create value & advancements.
What other companies out there are focused on sustainable energy? What jobs will be created, and which ones will need to adjust to this new job creation? What skills will be needed to fill these jobs?
For investors, what are the opportunities out there? Who are the players, what are there doing, and how can you get involved?
These questions and more will be answered in this webinar.
Bo Huang, Tilney Group | Charles Morris, Atlantic House Fund Management | Mark Witten, ACT Capital Partners
While the speed of news does create more efficient markets, uncertainties always exist in portfolio management.
This webinar will explore how fund selectors approach market uncertainties in crafting a portfolio, incorporating the following into the discussion:
- The Impacts of a strong US dollar on Emerging Markets.
- How trade agreements, and disagreements, will shape markets.
- What industries will see the most and least activity from emerging markets investors?
Emerging markets are in a paradox right now. They are seeing tremendous growth yet have debt denominated In a strong dollar, which threatens to halter their growth and thus ability to pay back their debts. They have more ways than ever to trade, yet are suffering from trade wards. Their economies are not yet developed, but some are on the brink of adopting more technologically advanced currencies than the developed countries.
What are good strategies to take advantage of this situation?
This panel will join leading emerging market participants to discuss:
- Which emerging markets will benefit from the potential political & economic outcomes of the next 18 months
- How to think about where opportunities lie in chaos.
- which securities are seeing the most flows and why?
- Which industries will be most affected by trade wars, a strong US dollar, and elections around the world
Oren Kaplan | Austen Robilliard | Karl Safft | D'Arcy
Emerging Markets will be the recipients of the most asset flows of any asset class by Institutional Investors, according to JPMorgan Asset Management.
In Asia, investors are trying to find opportunity not just in china, but in other Asian countries that will benefit from a growing Chinese economy.
Trade and industry developments such as TPP and the Asia Region Funds Passport promise to galvanise investment across all of APAC. In South America, a commonly over-looked area, reforms in currency, pension, education and trade present investment opportunities as well. Africa is heavily invested in by China, and Africa’s collective GDP is expanding faster than the world’s average, and it is forecast to accelerate over the next five years to become the world’s second-fastest-growing region once again.
This webinar will cover:
- What will be the impacts of a strong US dollar on markets?
- How will trade agreements, and disagreements, will shape markets in the next 6 months?
- What industries will see the most and least activity from investors?
- Which emerging markets funds are seeing inflows and outflows, and why?
Ryan Ross, BrightTALK | Kenny Hearn, SwissOne | Marco Benvenuto, CryptoFunds AG | Thomas Kettner, MVIS
A webinar series dedicated to informing investors in Cryptocurrency Funds on news in the market. Topics will include:
1) Updates on Regulations
2) Analysis & Investing Strategies
3) Investment Management Industry Adoption of Cryptos
4) Breakdown of the Underlying Technology & Terminology
5) Movers & Shakers in the industry
As ESG performance has grown significantly in importance for companies and asset managers in recent years, it's time to look at the numbers.
Is ESG screening a worthwhile tool? In a word, yes!
High ESG focus contributes to risk mitigation and in this session, we will share with you our research which shows that this is also mirrored in strong operational and share price performance. We will also share how predictive attributes (e.g future earnings stability and share price volatility) suggest that ESG research belongs in company valuation.
This live session (with Q&A) will give you insight into why we believe that companies and investors simply cannot afford not to care.
Elias Porse, Head of Strategy and Quant, Nordea Markets
Hugo Fredriksson, Senior analyst, Nordea Markets
Richard Lightbound, Meryam Omi, Justin Simler, Adrie Heinsbroek
A few years ago "ESG” was just a page at the back of a presentation. Today it has achieved greater prominence with new initiatives such as impact investing and the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. However, questions still remain about what ESG integration really means and whether the increasing use of frameworks and questionnaires is distracting from engagement.
This expert panel will look at what ESG integration means and at the practical implementation of ESG considerations within portfolios. They will discuss whether ESG can be implemented, at best, without negatively impacting returns or whether there is recent evidence that it can actually benefit both risk and return.
While impact investing dominates the headlines, most of the assets that firms manage on behalf of their clients integrate an assessment of ESG factors into their process but do not tilt towards sustainable investments. The panel will discuss this issue and the likely future trends in ESG investment including how ESG fits in with the Mega trends defined by the PRI or WEF.
Justin Simler, Independent Industry Expert
Richard Lightbound, Managing Partner & CEO - EMEA, ROBO Global
Adrie Heinsbroek, Head of Responsible Investing, NN Investment Partners
Meryam Omi, Head of Sustainability & Responsible Investment Strategy, Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM)
Emily Steinbarth, Quantitative Research Analyst, Russell Invesments
In this webinar, we will introduce metrics to evaluate how an equity portfolio is positioned for some of the biggest sustainability issues facing investors today including the energy transition, ESG opportunities, and financially material ESG issues. We will also describe techniques for incorporating these themes into the portfolio.
Ben Yeoh, Senior Portfolio Manager, RBC Global Equity
The debate surrounding the use of ESG tools and information is clearly favouring ESG as a tool for lower risk and enhancing return.
In the live webinar, we explain why companies and investors need to be thinking about ESG and intangibles to enable better performance and will take questions on ESG topics.
* the latest academic evidence on why ESG adds value
* the latest frontiers of ESG, use of SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals)
* debates on the imperfection of Sustainability Ratings and divestment campaigns
* stewardship codes and increasing regulatory interest in ESG
Rod Schwartz, CEO and Founder, ClearlySo, and Harry Humphreys, Head of Fund Advisory, ClearlySo
Many investors want to engage in impact investing and feel strongly about societal issues they want to try and solve. But most people don’t know where to start, what investment opportunities exist, and how to figure out what makes sense for them.
To help listeners cut through the hype, we will offer some ideas about what funds and products are available, how to access them, some of the possible pitfalls and how to find an impact investment strategy that works. We will focus the discussion on impact funds in the context of trends for the impact sector as a whole.
This webinar will cover:
- Why does anybody invest in impact?
- How to cut through the hype about impact investing? What can I actually do today that makes sense?
- What are HNWIs, Family Offices, and Institutions investing in (investment themes, solving problems, asset classes, alignment)?
- Why do people invest in impact funds? What are the trade-offs? What works and what doesn’t? What to look for in an Impact Fund?
- Lots of specific examples
You’ll hopefully leave this webinar with a clearer view on how you can invest to solve the world’s biggest problems.
In this session, Kennedy Tsang and Harry Yu, from SBI E2 Family Advisors and SBI China Capital, will walk you through:
- History of shrimp farming in the role of creating social and economic change;
- The “SEED” principle to sustainable win-win success
- Customisation of the model to enable social impact investment;
- Keys to success for shrimp farming social impact investing;
This session is specifically designed for HNW individuals, investment managers and funds that are interested in social impact investment.
Anirudh A Damani, Managing Partner, Artha Venture Fund
In this interactive session Anirudh A Damani, Managing Partner, Artha Venture Fund I, will walk you through successful Investment Strategies & Asset Allocation.
What is the investment objective?
* Capital preservation
* Beating inflation
* Beating market returns
How (and why) investment objectives should drive allocation of assets?
How we structured our family office
* What were our objectives
* What inspired our asset allocation
* The results
* What we have learnt
* Where are we headed now
There will also a live Q&A round!
About Mr. Anirudh Damani
Anirudh Damani is the Managing Partner of an early stage Investment Fund, Artha Venture Fund, based in India. He is a 4th generation entrepreneur who has invested in over 57 startups, participating in 100+ funding rounds of companies like Oyo Rooms, Exotel, CoutLoot, Tala and NowFloats. He graduated with a Double Major in Business Administration & Economics from Austin College, Texas.