Protecting Financial Services Mobile Apps Against Bad Bots
Financial Services mobile apps are highly valued targets for hackers and other malicious organizations. Gaining access to these apps provides hackers with the ability to launch attacks aimed at crippling access to financial information for individuals and enterprise organizations, as well as, stealing financial information.
F5 and Appdome have partnered together making it easier to add Bot Protection to any Android and iOS mobile app in seconds without code or coding.
F5’s Advanced WAF customers who add bot protection to their servers with the F5 Anti-Bot service, also need to add the F5 Anti-Bot SDK to any mobile app that wants to access information on protected servers.
Through the partnership with Appdome, F5 makes adding the Anti-Bot SDK fast and easy.
What You'll Learn:
- Why bot protection is important
- How F5 makes bot protection easy with the F5 Anti-Bot service
- How with Appdome for F5 Anti-Bot you can add the Anti-Bot SDK to any mobile app in seconds without code or coding
RecordedFeb 27 202025 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Chris Witeck,Director of Product Management, F5 | Rajiv Kapoor Sr. Product Marketing Manager, F5
In this webinar, we demonstrate how to implement effective security controls for your application infrastructure, without impacting release velocity or application performance.
Join Chris Witeck and Rajiv Kapoor as they showcase NGINX App Protect and the upcoming security capabilities within NGINX Controller, with specific business use cases in mind.
Join us in this webinar to learn:
- How to enforce SecOps-authorized security without disrupting the DevOps CI/CD process
- How to deploy and manage application security controls across distributed environments such as containers and microservices
- How to set, manage, and tune consistent security policies across your applications on premises and in multiple clouds
- How to gain an overview of your application security posture with centralized visibility and statistics
Applications are the driving force behind value creation in the age of digital transformation. Gaining visibility into all your applications is the cornerstone of properly managing and leveraging your application portfolio.
Attend this webinar to learn how you can:
- Gain full visibility into the health and performance of your entire application portfolio, complete with robust analytics
- Reduce Mean Time To Innocence (MTTI), and Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) by quickly identifying where issues are in the application path
Get easy-to-consume, actionable insights to help you make informed decisions
Cloud-native infrastructure is foundational to a Service Provider’s 5G success. The ability to define, manage, and control 5G cloud-native infrastructure enables Service Providers to bring processing power within sub millisecond latency to the edge of the network, opening up a new world of innovation opportunities for customers.
In order to provide optimal customer experience, it’s best practice to deploy cloud-native infrastructure based on Kubernetes from the core all the way to the edge and far edge of the network. The challenge is that Kubernetes isn’t natively equipped to meet the visibility, control and security requirements of the teams that manage the infrastructure.
In this session we will examine the F5 solution for efficiently deploying and managing your 5G cloud-native infrastructure.
Learn how to support your transition from 4G with:
- BIG-IP Service Proxy for Kubernetes (SPK), a multi-protocol container-based signaling control, security and visibility solution.
- Carrier-Grade Aspen Mesh, a service mesh based on Istio that provides critical features for operating at the scale required by carriers.
Josh Mendoza, Sr Product Owner, F5 | Shawn Brady, Head of Global Partnerships Edge Services, AWS
You want to deliver personalized experiences to customers and partners. Developers want to move fast to innovate quickly and get rapid feedback from their applications. Infrastructure teams know that customers will not tolerate a poor experience, and that reliability, performance, and low latency are non-negotiable. And security teams must seamlessly protect company and customer data at all costs.
Performance is non-negotiable. Neither is security. You can have both.
F5 Essential App Protect, is your instant out-of-the-box SaaS security solution for protecting web applications. Coupled with Amazon CloudFront, a highly performant content delivery network (CDN), the process is simplified to consistently deliver the reliable digital experiences that customers and partners seek.
n this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
•Reduce the time and effort needed to deliver and secure applications
•Protect your business from existing and emerging threats
•Deploy F5 Essential App Protect in conjunction with AWS CloudFront content caching
Dan Woods, VP Threat Intelligence Center, Shape Security Part of F5
Shape Security threat research recently partnered with one of our customers to investigate a mysterious case involving online bookings that were producing a spike in no-shows. An innovative automation attack was uncovered, impacting not only this customer but a number of brands across industries – Shape brought deep data and insights available from the Shape Network to the investigation.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how:
- Shape can contribute data-driven insights derived from defending many of the world’s most popular – and attacked – brands
- To improve security for your business, at no cost and without additional work on the part of your teams AI, ML and sharing data can defeat attackers and prevent fraud
Chris Fuller, Sr. Manager, Solutions Engineering, Shape Security, Part of F5
Cyberattacks have rapidly evolved since the advent of online transacting almost 25 years ago, with attackers continually escalating and refining their evasion techniques. While organizations and individuals continue to mobilize in an attempt to mitigate the global disruptions taking place around them, cybercriminals have wasted no time in exploiting the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, attackers and fraudsters call upon a sophisticated suite of tools, including human-powered click farms, social engineering, and malware – all designed to defeat traditional defenses such as CAPTCHAs.
This webinar will dive deeper into how organizations can keep pace with this precipitate shift and adjust their security postures accordingly, to more accurately reflect the realities of an ever-evolving threat landscape.
Luke Lehman, Sr. Product Manager, Shape Security Part of F5
The number of cloud-based and SaaS apps across your organization is growing fast. So is the number of attacks that target them. There are a number of myths about how to best protect your online applications from vulnerability exploits, from bots, and from denial of service attacks.
What are these myths and how do you sidestep them to effectively protect your apps, without scaling out your infrastructure and hiring hard-to-find security experts?
With F5 Silverline managed application security services, you can bust through these myths to deploy advanced, integrated security services for every app, anywhere, without upfront investments in IT infrastructure and personnel.
In this informative webinar, you’ll learn about:
- Cybersecurity myths that could be harming your business today
- The core application security feature set you need to defend your apps – and your business from these attacks
- Innovative ways to deliver improved application protection and performance, with lower operating costs
Hindsight is 2020. That holds true for the OWASP Top 10, the threat awareness report that details the most critical security risks to web apps each year. Come learn the real-world impact of the OWASP Top 10, and why the guidance is relevant in maintaining a foundational security posture in an era of digital transformation.
We’ll dive into real attacks that have recently exploited OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How the explosion of open source technology and cloud-based architectures has made the threat surface so challenging to protect against
- Why the OWASP Top 10 still matters and how to use it effectively to stay ahead of the curve
Sumit Agarwal, Co-founder, Shape Security, Part of F5
COVID-19 has rapidly transformed many brick-and-mortar industries and restrictions impacting real-world experiences such as in-store shopping and dine-in services have driven an explosion in online orders and curbside or delivery, all powered by web and mobile applications. Fraudsters are cashing in on COVID-19 with new online schemes that are costing businesses millions in new fraud losses.
In this webinar learn:
- The latest fraud schemes working against online applications.
- Methods fraudsters use to recruit their audience of unwitting consumers via social media.
- How the criminals monetize these schemes – and what that means for fraud losses.
Rick Salsa, Cloud Services, NGINX (Part of F5) | Eric Chen, Solution Architect, Cloud, F5
According to Gartner, 81% of enterprises use two or more cloud providers. In addition, more than 90% of enterprise networks must grapple with technical debt. How do you shed this debt and modernize your DNS? That’s where F5 Cloud DNS Services comes in. F5 Cloud DNS Services empowers your network operations teams and DevOps teams to provision and configure DNS in seconds. That means you can automate DNS management and scale instantly to meet the growing demands on your network. These improvements in efficiency and agility help you speed up innovation.
Attend this webinar to:
- Learn about key trends in networking and application infrastructure that are propelling the need to modernize networks.
- Learn about the F5 suite of Cloud DNS services consisting of primary DNS, secondary DNS, and global load balancing services
- Watch a live demo of F5’s suite of Cloud DNS services.
Kevin Stewart, F5 | Reggie Lau Director and Principal Consultant and Sri Prakash Gupta Consultant Forrester Consulting
Forrester Consulting recently conducted a commissioned Total Economic Impact™ study on behalf of F5, showing an analysis of F5’s SSL/TLS Visibility solution and found that the average customer will see an ROI of 373%.
Join F5 and guest speakers from Forrester as they walk through the details of the financial analysis to understand the benefits that F5 brings when combatting security threats that hide within encrypted traffic.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- Why visibility into encrypted traffic is critical to your security program.
- How F5’s approach provides operational efficiencies in managing your security inspection tools like Next-Gen Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls, malware sandboxes, and more.
- The ROI you can expect from investing in F5’s SSL/TLS visibility solution.
Dan Woods, VP Threat Intelligence Center, Shape Security Part of F5
Myths have always made up some of the most well-known stories and folklore around the world. But the last thing you want to do is base real business decisions and security outcomes on a well told story, even if it does sounds convincing. A misunderstanding of what does and does not protect your digital footprint can lead to devastating breaches.
Join us for this webinar as Dan Woods, VP Shape Intelligence Center and former FBI Agent, separates fact from fiction when it comes to defending your apps from sophisticated adversaries, including:
- Understanding how MFA just adds more information to the dossier of a targeted account
- Password schemes won’t protect user accounts from being taken over - CAPTCHA is a fabled response to a sophisticated problem
Get the new blueprint for keeping your financial services institution secure
Online fraud losses from application attacks are estimated to exceed $48 billion per year by 2023, making applications the single most lucrative targets for cybercriminals. Financial services institutions are naturally at risk, especially those currently maintaining open-banking platforms, migrating cloud applications or struggling to rapidly develop and deploy applications.
Join F5 Global Head of AI, former CTO Shape Security Shuman Ghosemajumder to explore:
•New and emerging fraud and cyber threats for financial services institutions
•How to maintain top security through outcome-based methodologies
●The role AI plays to proactively secure financial institutionsBillions of dollars, reputation and critical online services are at stake.
To remain secure, financial services institutions need to hold their partners and technology accountable for outcomes rather than only relying on them for functionality that cybercriminals render ineffective.
Mike Plante, VP Product Marketing, Shape Security Part of F5
Enterprises find that despite spending billions annually on tools to detect online fraud, direct fraud losses continue to climb. Juniper Research estimates that online fraud losses in aggregate are projected to exceed $48 billion per year by 2023.
Current fraud tools require extensive configuration, generate uncertain risk scores, require fraud teams to develop their own rules to defeat fraud applying a lot of friction to legitimate users, hurting revenue.
In this informative webinar, you’ll learn:
- The major sources of online fraud, including bad bots and malicious humans
- Some of the shortcomings of today’s approaches to online fraud detection
- Provocative metrics to help you understand online fraud and its impact on business outcomes
- A totally new approach to preventing online fraud using AI
Sander Vinberg Threat Research Evangelist, F5 | Byron McNaught Sr. Technical Marketing Manager, F5 | Ray Pompon, F5
While gathering data for the 2019 Application Protection Report, F5 Labs focused on the theme of how trends in application architecture are driving risk. The results were hugely impactful—the attack techniques that bad actors employ have not only remained viable, but are still quite profitable.
In our upcoming webinar, F5 Labs researchers are diving into what we learned from the 2019 report and what actions organizations need to take to stay protected.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What the growing correlation means between sector and breach modes
- How and why attackers are targeting the retail sector using an injection technique known as formjacking
- More about credential abuse and phishing and the causes of the growing number of API breaches
- How to reap the benefits of the emerging architectures without increasing risk
David Warburton, Sr. Threat Research EMEA, F5 | Katie Newbold, Intern, F5 | Byron McNaught, Sr. Technical Marketing, F5
In F5 Labs latest 2019 TLS Telemetry Report they’ve expanded their scope to look at not only how organizations are using TLS protocols and ciphers, but also how they’re using certificates and supporting protocols.
In this webinar, we’ll cover the results of F5 Labs global scanning and uncover how malware is increasingly using encrypted protocols to hide its activities. We’ll offer advice and best practices for configuring TLS and related protocols.
We’re also proud to announce the release of our new HTTPS testing and reporting tool CRYPTONICE. We’ll give you a brief demo of the tool and show you how you can use it to test your own sites to make sure they’re deployed securely.
Finally, we’ll show how F5 can help manage the complexity of encryption via a risk-based approach that adapts to privacy and security requirements.
You’ll learn how:
- The rapidly changing encryption landscape has improved privacy and security—but also increased the effectiveness of attackers.
- The world’s most popular sites are using TLS.
- Malware is increasingly using encryption.
- Our new CRYPTONICE tool works.
Lori MacVittie, Principal Technical Evangelist, F5 Networks | Cindy Borovick, Business Intelligence Director, F5 Networks
Applications power our digital economy. Through what is broadly referred to as digital transformation, businesses across all industries are becoming app-centric with the goal of moving faster, boosting efficiency, and securely delivering amazing digital experiences to not only customers and employees alike.
But without powerful application services behind the scenes, your apps are like cars without fuel.
In this webinar, we’ll cover:
- How to use your own digital transformation to gain actionable business insights that prevent loss, predict capacity, optimize resources, and increase revenue
- How to gain greater visibility into your application portfolio
- What effect the growing number of APIs is having on the application landscape
- Who should be in charge of ensuring the availability, performance, and security of your applications
- We recommend virtually gathering your entire team so you can listen and connect on this important topic.
Get the latest intel on the app threats that matter.
As more application development moves into an Agile methodology, security often lags behind. Besides the shift in culture and mindset required to ensure security throughout the reimagined SDLC, legacy tools need to be updated so they’re not a hinderance to application release frequency.
Learn how the F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall (WAF) protects against a variety of attacks while providing critical feedback earlier in the SDLC process to reduce costs and speed up time to market.
Jay Kelley, Principal Product Marketing Manager - F5 Networks
Get the latest intel on the app threats that matter.
The majority of breaches in the US in 2019 were the result of access-related attacks. Why? An explosion of applications residing in multiple cloud environments have created complexity while previously breached username and password combinations have created new common attack types.
Learn how the F5 zero-trust solution integrates with your favorite identity as a service to deliver single sign on for ALL apps, regardless of where they reside, and provides an enhanced, per request, inspection to ensure appropriate access.
Your apps—fast, available and secure—in any cloud.
At F5, our mission is based on the fact that businesses depend on apps.
Our long-standing belief that applications are the most valuable assets of any organization in the digital age has been the foundation of our strategy to become the leader in multi-cloud application services. When you combine F5 and NGINX's expertise powering over half of the world's applications across all types of environments, with Shape's insight from mitigating 1 billion application attacks per day, you have a company that knows how to deliver and secure more applications, and more value, than any company in the industry.
This means that we are able to deliver and protect applications—revenue generating, brand-anchoring applications—from the point at which they are created through to the point where consumers interact with them. In other words, from "code to customer." This makes the combined forces of F5, NGINX, and Shape absolutely essential to every digital organization in the world, including the world's largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands.
Protecting Financial Services Mobile Apps Against Bad BotsGreg Maudsley, Director Product Marketing, F5 Networks | Jan Sysman, Head of Marketing, Appdome[[ webcastStartDate * 1000 | amDateFormat: 'MMM D YYYY h:mm a' ]]25 mins