Defeat BOT Attacks with New Silverline Shape Defense Managed Service
Today’s applications have become the fabric of our economies and our lives. Applications are how value is exchanged and where the most sensitive data is stored. And that’s precisely why applications have become the focal point for cybercriminals, who target your applications for financial fraud and abuse.
In this webinar, learn how Silverline Shape Defense – the newest solution in F5’s Silverline managed services portfolio – protects your web apps from bots and other automated attacks by delivering continuous protection, even when attackers retool.
We will discuss tactics to help you:
- Slash losses due to fraud and abuse Deliver better application performance and uptime
- Achieve measurable cost savings for hosting and bandwidth costs
- Prevent sophisticated attacks including those on the OWASP Automated Threats to Web Applications list
- Detect and mitigate vulnerability exploits and denial-of-service attacks
RecordedAug 6 202048 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Michele Evermore, Dept of Labor|Michael Harrington,Dept of Labor | Shelley Zumwalt,Employment Security| Saurabh Bajaj, F5
Across the country, fraud is overwhelming many states’ unemployment systems and causing complications for millions of Americans already out of work. The U.S. Department of Labor Office of the Inspector General estimates at least $63 billion has been paid out improperly through fraud or errors nationwide, with a ‘significant’ portion of that attributed to fraud. That amount is roughly 10% of the total amount paid under coronavirus pandemic-related unemployment programs since March.
This perfect storm of fraud activity has been created by the economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic, the pressure on state government agencies to provide unemployment benefits, and a lack of anti-fraud infrastructure within those state government agencies.
This webinar explores the situation at hand and the paths forward for combating unemployment fraud.
Corey Marshall Director, Security Solutions Architect F5 | Rainier Amara Senior Program Manager Microsoft
Zero Trust is a powerful strategy that can help a business be more secure and productive. In today's digital world, a Zero Trust security approach is even more business-critical as companies address how to operate remotely today and in the future. Zero Trust is an architectural framework that assumes no user inside or outside a network is "trusted," and instills a variety of checks and balances that enhance security.
F5 and Microsoft have joined forces to provide a best-in-class Zero Trust approach to securely access all your applications.
In this webinar you'll learn:
- How you can empower users who are working from home or remotely to easily and more securely access applications that may be hosted anywhere
- How to protect against a wide range of threats, including malware, credential-based attacks, account takeover (ATO), and unauthorized access
- How using Microsoft Azure Active Directory in conjunction with F5's trusted application access solution, BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM), can boost overall security and enhance user experience
Applications drive the modern enterprise—delivering the positive digital experiences your customers expect.
Ensuring that apps can deliver these digital experiences by remaining available, performing well and running securely isn't easy. For years, F5 BIG-IP has helped customers meet these challenges but effective BIG-IP administration, insight, and automation can be difficult—particularly with a piecemeal, individualized approach to management.
Join our webinar to learn more about the benefits of a centralized, app-centric strategy for BIG-IP visibility, analytics, configuration, and management.
Despite powering some of the most popular apps on the planet, microservices – including containers and Kubernetes – are still a mystery to many. Microservices is both an approach to software architecture that builds a large, complex apps from multiple small components and the term for the small components themselves. In this “Microservices 101” webinar, you’ll get an introduction to microservices that will give you a working understanding of the technologies:
- Monolithic, microservices, and hybrid architectures
- Containers and Kubernetes
- Ingress controllers and service meshes
Matt Klym Senior Solution Engineer F5 | Jason Chiu Senior Solutions Engineer F5 | Umakant Singh Senior Solutions Engineer F5
TLS/SSL is a key technology for Internet security. While mostly beneficial, it can also be used for malicious purposes. Join F5 to learn how to uncover encrypted threats to your organization. Our Solutions Engineers will present the risks of using TLS/SSL encryption and demonstrate how they can be easily mitigated.
David Warburton, Sr. Threat Research EMEA, F5 | Jay Kelley,Principal Product Marketing Manager, F5
The 2020 Phishing and Fraud Report is out now and it's one of the most comprehensive publications released by F5 Labs. This report combines data from the F5 Security Operations Center (SOC), BrightCloud's Webroot platform, darknet threat intelligence from Vigilante, and features research and insights from the renowned F5 and Shape security research teams. Join our webinar to discover the report and the dangers from the world of phishing.
During the session we will…
- Explore what modern phishing attacks look like and how attackers are evolving and adapting
- Delve into the major findings from the report
- Learn ways that businesses and consumers can mitigate the risk of phishing and fraudulent activities
- Discover how F5 solutions help stop phishing and fraudulent activities and their threats
Ray Pompon, Director F5 Labs, Threat Research, F5 | Rick Jorolemon, Solutions Engineer, F5
Maintaining compliance was never easy or cheap but we at least know what we need to do, don't we? Well, we made our plans and chugged along and then some Big Things Happened. Now those plans aren't as useful anymore. All our staff are pajama casual now, both in terms of dress and in attention to cybersecurity. Mobile apps and remote banking tools are a must-have now. Even things that financial institutions have mostly held blameless for, like customer security failures and consumer fraud, are starting to cause compliance headaches. Oh, and everything is still being rapidly thrown into the cloud, either in part or in whole. So what do we need to do about this now?
Join this webinar to learn:
- The three greatest trends driving new compliance challenges
- Analysis of common regulatory requirements that crosslink to these challenges
- Indicators to watch for in your organization that these could become problems
- How to mitigate these risks and future-proof your compliance program
This webinar provides a primer on NGINX – software based all-in-one load balancer, web server, API gateway, and reverse proxy that is designed for cloud native architectures. NGINX helps you accelerate your IT infrastructure and application modernization efforts. NGINX Plus delivers enterprise grade capabilities that provide robust reliability and security.
We will cover the following topics:
- Overview of NGINX and its benefits
- How to configure NGINX as a reverse proxy, web server, and load balancer
- Advantages of NGINX Plus enterprise version
- How to manage NGINX instances at scale in an app-centric manner
Luke Lehman, Sr. Product Manager, Shape Security Part of F5
The number of cloud-based and SaaS apps across your organization is growing fast. So is the number of attacks that target them. There are a number of myths about how to best protect your online applications from vulnerability exploits, from bots, and from denial of service attacks.
What are these myths and how do you sidestep them to effectively protect your apps, without scaling out your infrastructure and hiring hard-to-find security experts?
With F5 Silverline managed application security services, you can bust through these myths to deploy advanced, integrated security services for every app, anywhere, without upfront investments in IT infrastructure and personnel.
In this informative webinar, you’ll learn about:
- Cybersecurity myths that could be harming your business today
- The core application security feature set you need to defend your apps – and your business from these attacks
- Innovative ways to deliver improved application protection and performance, with lower operating costs
Josh Mendoza, Sr Product Owner, F5 | Shawn Brady, Head of Global Partnerships Edge Services, AWS
You want to deliver personalized experiences to customers and partners. Developers want to move fast to innovate quickly and get rapid feedback from their applications. Infrastructure teams know that customers will not tolerate a poor experience, and that reliability, performance, and low latency are non-negotiable. And security teams must seamlessly protect company and customer data at all costs.
Performance is non-negotiable. Neither is security. You can have both.
F5 Essential App Protect, is your instant out-of-the-box SaaS security solution for protecting web applications. Coupled with Amazon CloudFront, a highly performant content delivery network (CDN), the process is simplified to consistently deliver the reliable digital experiences that customers and partners seek.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
•Reduce the time and effort needed to deliver and secure applications
•Protect your business from existing and emerging threats
•Deploy F5 Essential App Protect in conjunction with AWS CloudFront content caching
Hindsight is 2020. That holds true for the OWASP Top 10, the threat awareness report that details the most critical security risks to web apps each year. Come learn the real-world impact of the OWASP Top 10, and why the guidance is relevant in maintaining a foundational security posture in an era of digital transformation.
We’ll dive into real attacks that have recently exploited OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How the explosion of open source technology and cloud-based architectures has made the threat surface so challenging to protect against
- Why the OWASP Top 10 still matters and how to use it effectively to stay ahead of the curve
Chris Fuller, Sr. Manager, Solutions Engineering, Shape Security, Part of F5
Cyberattacks have rapidly evolved since the advent of online transacting almost 25 years ago, with attackers continually escalating and refining their evasion techniques. While organizations and individuals continue to mobilize in an attempt to mitigate the global disruptions taking place around them, cybercriminals have wasted no time in exploiting the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, attackers and fraudsters call upon a sophisticated suite of tools, including human-powered click farms, social engineering, and malware – all designed to defeat traditional defenses such as CAPTCHAs.
This webinar will dive deeper into how organizations can keep pace with this precipitate shift and adjust their security postures accordingly, to more accurately reflect the realities of an ever-evolving threat landscape.
Peter Scheffler Cyber Security Solutions Architect, F5 | Corey Marshall Director of Solutions Engineering, F5
Today’s threat landscape requires applications to be available, secure and agile. Agile to meet the ever changing demands of today’s business world, available across all platforms and secure from prying eyes and hackers. Meeting these needs is a continuous challenge for security professionals.
F5’s App Protect Solutions meet these needs head-on, providing security that integrates with CI/CD pipelines to ease and responds to new and changing threats. See how our App Protect Solutions for both customer-managed and outsourced solutions can be tailored to your needs.
With the massive shift to work-from-home caused by COVID-19, many organizations rapidly deployed VPN and other remote access solutions to their workforces. These approaches present both rewards and risks to an organization’s overall security posture.
In this webinar, we will identify four major risk areas: overall network architecture, access control, denial-of-service, and endpoints.
Key Learning Objectives:
- How VPNs can change an organization’s network security posture in unexpected ways
- Insights into the importance of authentication and VPN Application Risks
- Understand the issues with end user bandwidth and networking and the complexities of troubleshooting access issues when VPN is involved.
F5 Shape Enterprise Defense protects your business from sophisticated cybercriminals that abuse applications in order to commit account takeover (ATO) and fraud. By defending the world’s most valuable brands, F5 has unique visibility into automated and human traffic. Using AI and machine learning algorithms trained on attack profiles and risk surfaces, F5 can accurately and reliably protect against motivated attackers and fraudsters that retool to bypass your security countermeasures.
In this demo, you’ll learn how Shape Enterprise Defense protects organizations from sophisticated attacks that would.
Dan Woods, VP Threat Intelligence Center, Shape Security Part of F5
Competing for customer loyalty in a digital world is hard. To add to this challenge, leaders must defend the business from motivated adversaries who have evolved their tactics to bypass security defenses and evade detection. Any business that operates e-commerce applications or manages user accounts of value is a potential target and the consequences are significant - account takeover (ATO), fraud losses, and damaged brand to name a few.
Join us for this webinar as Dan Woods, VP Shape Threat Intelligence Center and former FBI Agent, discusses:
- Attacker economics and the attractive ROI of cyber crime
- Where attacks originate – automation
- How attackers adapt – imitation and human fraud
- How to defeat your adversaries and protect your business from online fraud
Gee Chow, DevOps Specialist, F5 | Roy Muermann,Solutions Architect, F5
Attackers are becoming increasingly sophisticated in banking and financial services. Bad actors are now exploiting new vulnerabilities associated with innovative apps aimed to improve customer convenience. Indeed, only 43% of consumers believe companies are doing enough to protect their personal information.
In this webinar, discover how financial services institutions can balance customer convenience with evolving cybersecurity threats. You’ll learn:
- A best-fit approach for balancing app innovation with cybersecurity risks
- Analysis around available app innovation models in financial services
- The steps needed to implement an evolved enterprise app methodology
Chris Witeck,Director of Product Management, F5 | Rajiv Kapoor Sr. Product Marketing Manager, F5
In this webinar, we demonstrate how to implement effective security controls for your application infrastructure, without impacting release velocity or application performance.
Join Chris Witeck and Rajiv Kapoor as they showcase NGINX App Protect and the upcoming security capabilities within NGINX Controller, with specific business use cases in mind.
Join us in this webinar to learn:
- How to enforce SecOps-authorized security without disrupting the DevOps CI/CD process
- How to deploy and manage application security controls across distributed environments such as containers and microservices
- How to set, manage, and tune consistent security policies across your applications on premises and in multiple clouds
- How to gain an overview of your application security posture with centralized visibility and statistics
Applications are the driving force behind value creation in the age of digital transformation. Gaining visibility into all your applications is the cornerstone of properly managing and leveraging your application portfolio.
Attend this webinar to learn how you can:
- Gain full visibility into the health and performance of your entire application portfolio, complete with robust analytics
- Reduce Mean Time To Innocence (MTTI), and Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) by quickly identifying where issues are in the application path
Get easy-to-consume, actionable insights to help you make informed decisions
Cloud-native infrastructure is foundational to a Service Provider’s 5G success. The ability to define, manage, and control 5G cloud-native infrastructure enables Service Providers to bring processing power within sub millisecond latency to the edge of the network, opening up a new world of innovation opportunities for customers.
In order to provide optimal customer experience, it’s best practice to deploy cloud-native infrastructure based on Kubernetes from the core all the way to the edge and far edge of the network. The challenge is that Kubernetes isn’t natively equipped to meet the visibility, control and security requirements of the teams that manage the infrastructure.
In this session we will examine the F5 solution for efficiently deploying and managing your 5G cloud-native infrastructure.
Learn how to support your transition from 4G with:
- BIG-IP Service Proxy for Kubernetes (SPK), a multi-protocol container-based signaling control, security and visibility solution.
- Carrier-Grade Aspen Mesh, a service mesh based on Istio that provides critical features for operating at the scale required by carriers.
Your apps—fast, available and secure—in any cloud.
At F5, our mission is based on the fact that businesses depend on apps.
Our long-standing belief that applications are the most valuable assets of any organization in the digital age has been the foundation of our strategy to become the leader in multi-cloud application services. When you combine F5 and NGINX's expertise powering over half of the world's applications across all types of environments, with Shape's insight from mitigating 1 billion application attacks per day, you have a company that knows how to deliver and secure more applications, and more value, than any company in the industry.
This means that we are able to deliver and protect applications—revenue generating, brand-anchoring applications—from the point at which they are created through to the point where consumers interact with them. In other words, from "code to customer." This makes the combined forces of F5, NGINX, and Shape absolutely essential to every digital organization in the world, including the world's largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands.
Defeat BOT Attacks with New Silverline Shape Defense Managed ServiceBrian Uffelman, Sr Manager Product Marketing, Shape Security, a F5 Company | Luke Lehman, Product Mgr, F5 Silverline[[ webcastStartDate * 1000 | amDateFormat: 'MMM D YYYY h:mm a' ]]48 mins