How Prepared Is Your Bank for an Appraisal Compliance Audit?
Mitch Kreeger, MAI SRA MBA, Chief Appraiser and Principal Consultant, Kreeger Consulting
About this talk
Commercial real estate markets continue their slow recovery. As demand for loans intensifies, regulatory compliance is top of mind for financial institutions. Bank regulators are exercising strict oversight over all types of bank underwriting, including commercial appraisals. This webinar will address head-on the challenges that institutions face in meeting the latest guidance impacting the appraisal function, and what risk managers can and should be doing to survive an appraisal compliance audit.
Attendees will receive answers to these important questions:
• What do current guidance/regulations require of banks related to appraisals and how has that changed?
• What specific things are bank examiners looking for in an appraisal compliance audit?
• Are you doing everything you can to prepare your institution for the scrutiny of examiners before an audit? During an audit? After an audit?
• What are the latest best practices that banks should include today in their appraisal policies to protect themselves during this stage of market recovery?
EDR Insight is fortunate to have Mitch Kreeger for this timely event. Kreeger is a well-known Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various valuation, environmental and seismic risk, and regulatory compliance topics by peers nationwide. Currently, Kreeger is Chief Appraiser and Principal Consultant at Kreeger Consulting, a private appraisal/environmental/seismic risk consulting services firm that offers commercial appraisal reviews, outsourced Chief Appraiser duties, and advisory services to lenders on regulatory compliance, efficient appraisal/environmental risk functions, and effective policy updates.
• Primary: Risk managers at financial institutions, particularly at community bank level
• Secondary: Commercial appraisers
EDR helps real estate lenders such as banks, credit unions, capital investors and others with their property due diligence needs by simplifying their lending operations, improving risk management, and meeting ever increasing regulatory demands. Join our webcasts on Lending Risk Management topics.…