While legacy application architectures still have value, many organizations are assessing how to modernize their applications to meet the demands of today’s consumers. F5's ‘2021 State of Application Strategy Report’ found that 77% of respondents are actively modernizing internal or customer-facing applications, with many businesses navigating the challenge of driving this modernization across multiple application architectures.
The path to modernization varies depending on an organization’s goals, resources, and app complexity – meaning there is no one type of modern app to use as a North Star. However, there are app modernization pillars and principles that professionals can keep in mind to modernize applications and guide them to an overall better state.
This panel will provide a strong foundation of reference points and checklists for professionals as they design and deploy applications. Join us in episode 2 of NGINX’s ‘Mastering App Modernization’ series, as host Steve Pereira and guests discuss elements required to forge today’s modern apps and share how to design and build a modern application that benefits users, developers, and other stakeholders.
In this panel we’ll cover:
- The Four Pillars of Modern Applications: scalability, portability, resiliency, and agility
- Six key principles to consider when developing applications from prioritizing OSS whenever possible to addressing distribution and development concerns
- How applications can scale and develop to accommodate evolving technologies
- Steve Pereira, Founder at Visible Value Stream Consulting
- Javier Perez, Chief Evangelist - Open Source & Security at Perforce Software
- Dave McAllister, Sr OSS Technical Evangelist at NGINX