Six IT leaders from HCL, GoDaddy & others discuss enterprise cloud migration, the future of operations centers & much more. Moderated by Moogsoft Chief Evangelist Richard Whitehead,
the closing session of Moogsoft’s 2017 AIOps Symposium brought together some of the sharpest minds in the IT Operations space for an intimate discussion about the issues facing enterprise ITOps and DevOps.
This superstar panel covers the future of ITOA with regard to…
•The Gartner-predicted shift from a “cloud-first” to a “cloud-only” strategy within 6 years, what that means to business customers and end users, and what needs to happen to make that reality;
•What the enterprise operations center will look like in 2020;
•The average number of management tools in any given operations organization’s portfolio, and how that will vary in the coming years;
•And the evolution of the ITIL Service Desk over the next five years, especially given today’s world of continuous-integration and DevOps.
•Kalyan Kumar, CTO, HCL Technologies
•Chris Hindy, Empowered Networks
•Mark Campbell, VP of Research & Innovation, Trace3
•Eric Repec, Practice Manager, Technologent
•Jason Kalich, CIO, GoDaddy
•Charles O’Keefe, Finance Industry IT Veteran
RecordedNov 14 201748 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Helen Beal, Chief Ambassador, DevOps Institute and Thom Duran, Director of SRE, Moogsoft
Toil and trouble go together like peanut butter and jelly but are not nearly as sweet. For Dinesh, one SRE’s relentless approach to eliminating toil might sometimes feel like ‘whack-a-mole.’ Thankfully automation is the cure for unreliability. However, the amount of tools available and in use can be overwhelming, so SREs like him need to pick their fire-fighting equipment carefully.
In this webinar, DevOps Institute Chief Ambassador Helen Beal and Moogsoft Director of SRE Thom Duran will explore why intelligent monitoring is an SRE’s best friend. Join us as we discuss the day-to-day impact of leveraging AI-driven observability for:
- Monitoring SLIs and SLOs
- The Rule of 3 and automation effort
- Prioritizing reliability over functionality
- Managing tool heterogeneity and proliferation
- Chaos engineering for anti-fragility
- How to measure system reliability over time
- Why toil causes so much trouble
- Where to prioritize effort
- AIOps tips and techniques for SREs
Helen Beal, Chief Ambassador, DevOps Institute and Dave Casper, CTO, Moogsoft
These days, an ITOps team with time on their hands is a rare sight. Monolithic, legacy infrastructure that is inherently fragile fuels a fraught working environment and puts ITOps at risk of burnout. Meet James, a skilled IT operator for whom pressure is stacking up as digital transformation drives business demands for increased change velocity from software developers.
In this webinar, DevOps Institute Chief Ambassador Helen Beal and Moogsoft CTO Dave Casper will examine the ways intelligent observability helps bring joy back into the ITOps department. They will explore how clever ITOps pros like James can restore order to the NOC and driving efficiency across teams through:
- Minimized unplanned work
- Reduced alert noise
- Streamlined collaboration
- Ample time for innovation
- Autonomic systems
- How ITOps can gain control of unpredictable infrastructure
- Why creating self-healing infrastructure is challenging
- Methods for paying down technical debt
- Insights on drastically reducing MTTR
Helen Beal, Chief Ambassador, DevOps Institute and Richard Whitehead, Chief Evangelist, Moogsoft
Teams practicing DevOps build it and own it, so they need to be fully equipped to quickly resolve challenges with their code and infrastructure when they arise. Software systems are complex and can be noisy when it comes to problem alerting, so how can we help DevOps teams filter fast to the real issues and arm them with the knowledge they need to resolve at high speed?
In this webinar, DevOps Institute Chief Ambassador Helen Beal and Moogsoft Chief Evangelist Richard Whitehead will introduce Sarah, a bright DevOps engineer looking to accelerate time-to-resolve incidents so she can accelerate delivery of new features. Throughout this conversation, our hosts will have a discuss The Three Ways and how they inform:
- Anomaly detection
- Periodicity models
- The impossibility of prediction
- Telemetry, events and CICD
- Automating fixes via the DevOps Toolchain
You’ll learn about:
- How smart teams leverage AIOps to optimize flow
- Why observability supercharges feedback
- Experiments for anti-fragility
- Treating problems and incidents as learning opportunities
Moogsoft CEO Phil Tee, CTO Dave Casper and VP of Marketing John Haley
Time spent triaging alerts and identifying incident root cause impairs the value DevOps practitioners and SRE teams can deliver to organizations. Available through the Datadog Marketplace, this new bi-directional integration between Moogsoft and Datadog allows SREs, IT Ops, and DevOps pros to instantly see context-rich Moogsoft-generated incidents from across the full stack in either platform, boosting service availability. Put simply, it slashes the time a user must spend sifting through data to get to the cause of a service outage.
In this live webinar, Moogsoft CEO Phil Tee, CTO Dave Casper and VP of Marketing John Haley will discuss and demonstrate the deep integration between these platforms that enables users to easily start ingesting events and metrics from Datadog and other sources into the Moogsoft Observability Cloud.
Attendees will also learn how Datadog users can easily:
- Achieve more context across incidents.
- Accelerate identification of root cause.
- Minimize the impact and time spent on service-impacting outages.
- Accelerate monitoring transformation by automating event correlation.
The shift to a fully digital economy over the past year has accelerated the complexity and scale of IT infrastructure powering today’s digital business. This creates an unprecedented volume and variety of observability data. DevOps and SRE teams must leverage new approaches to decipher these growing streams of metrics, logs, traces and events, and understand how their digital services impact the experience they deliver customers.
This fireside chat will examine the future direction of observability, and the impact that artificial intelligence will have on teams’ abilities to discover actionable insight in record times. Attend to learn:
- How do the practices of AI and observability complement each other?
- How will AI-driven observability deliver automation to today’s and tomorrow’s digital business?
- What areas of leading-edge science and mathematics will be most likely sources of future AI-driven observability features?
- What is Phil’s forward-looking vision of AI for Moogsoft and for the economy at large?
Adam Frank, VP of Product & Design, Moogsoft and John Haley, VP of Product Marketing, Moogsoft
Heard about observability with AIOps? Really, it’s a thing! And it’s so important for DevOps and SRE teams that we’ve published a book about it: “Observability with AIOps For Dummies.” It’s a step-by-step guide to combining AIOps analysis with detailed observability data.
Intrigued? Join us for a lively and interactive chat with the author Adam Frank, an AIOps aficionado who is passionate about helping DevOps and SRE teams attain continuous service assurance.
Frank, who will be joined by Moogsoft expert John Haley, will explain how you can unlock true operational visibility and eliminate CI/CD complexity by applying AI to events, metrics, traces and logs.
They’ll outline six concrete, actionable tips for a successful deployment, including:
- Pick target apps and services
- Identify data sources
- Enrich your data
They’ll also discuss five key use cases for observability with AIOps, including:
- Enhancing collaboration and productivity
- Streamlining IT incident management
- Reducing costs
Join us! The speakers will answer questions from the audience, and all attendees will receive a free printed copy of “Observability with AIOps For Dummies.”
Helen Beal, Chief Ambassador at the DevOps Institute, and Adam Frank, VP of Product and Design at Moogsoft
Systems are more complex and produce more data than ever before, yet DevOps and SRE teams are tasked with meeting stringent Service Level Objectives for reliability while accelerating the delivery of value to their ever-increasing landscape of customers. How can these teams ensure they have access to the data they need? How can they make sense of all the data available to optimize their service?
During this live discussion, Chief Ambassador at the DevOps Institute, Helen Beal, and Moogsoft’s VP Product and Design, Adam Frank, will consider what the DevOps mantra ‘‘telemetry everywhere” means from a design point of view, what the impact is for the day-to-day running of a DevOps or SRE team and what observability and AIOps contribute to the achievement of their goals.
- What “telemetry everywhere” means
- How this relates to observability and AIOps
- How to apply these approaches to the DevOps cosmos
- The typical goals of DevOps and SRE teams and how observability helps meet them
- How delivering Continuous Service Assurance improves organizational performance
Phil Tee, CEO, Moogsoft; Adam Frank, VP Product, Moogsoft; Wayne Goldstein, CEO, GMS; James Stewart, Linux Sys Admin,Tridiuum
The AIOps & Observability Solution for Cloud-First Companies is Here!
Want to develop more and operate less? Moogsoft Express is for you. Combining AIOps with observability, it provides full event management so your DevOps and SRE teams can keep CI/CD agile and your business growing.
Tune into our live launch event and find out how Moogsoft Express helps DevOps and SREs detect app performance problems, keep software pipelines humming and honor customer SLAs — all while being extremely simple to use.
10:00 - 10:15am Opening Remarks | Phil Tee
10:15 - 10:50am Demo: A Day in the Life of an SRE | Adam Frank
10:50 - 11:00am Customer Presentations
11:00 - 11:30am Q&A Phil Tee, Adam Frank and Wayne Goldstein
Angeline MacIvor, Enterprise AIOps Expert, Moogsoft and Will Cappelli, EMEA CTO, Moogsoft
To prevent outages of business-critical digital services, organizations often invest heavily on IT Ops tools and staff. An AIOps platform can help organizations minimize that spend and boost service assurance, resulting in broad business benefits.
Join this fireside chat with Moogsoft EMEA CTO Will Cappelli and Moogsoft Enterprise Account Executive Angeline MacIvor, experts on how AIOps benefits businesses by transforming IT Ops teams and workflows. They will present real-life use cases and discuss:
- How AIOps cuts business and IT ops costs
- The economic impact of AIOps beyond cost reduction
- Why enterprises explore AIOps technology
Join us to learn why an AIOps platform is a must for supporting digital businesses today -- and in the future
Digital businesses face unprecedented change and complexity, and AIOps has emerged as the required foundation for marshalling IT operations and service management processes and technologies in the post-pandemic world.
In this webinar, Will Cappelli, global AIOps expert and EMEA CTO at Moogsoft, will explain why an AIOps platform is a must for supporting digital businesses today -- and in the future. He’ll lay out the requirements an AIOps platform must satisfy, and outline how it streamlines and automates IT operations to ensure optimal customer experiences and business agility.
You will learn:
- Why AIOps is the most important enabler of the virtualised Business Operations Centre.
- How to make a quantifiable business case for AIOps
- Why AIOps is required to ensure digital services uptime and continuous assurance
- The differences between AIOps market offerings, and why only a platform approach delivers real value and benefits
- The disadvantages of deploying AIOps in a piecemeal, limited manner via domain-specific ITOM tools
Speakers: JP Gonzalez Principal Engineer Rackspace and Adam Frank VP of Product & Design Moogsoft
With digital channels’ importance higher than ever, Ops teams face extreme pressure to prevent outages while teleworking. More than ever, you must automate event management and facilitate remote collaboration.
Rise to the challenge with the new Moogsoft Enterprise 8.0, which lets you build a virtual NOC and attain service assurance with its new groundbreaking AIOps capabilities.
Tune in to our live event to get all the details about this exciting new release, plus hear special guest JP Gonzalez, a Principal Engineer at Rackspace. He’ll discuss how AIOps is central to the company’s vision for boosting IT Ops and service desk efficiency.
Moogsoft product experts will showcase new AIOps features including:
- Alert Analyzer: Visually configure and fine tune the product’s event processing to improve event correlation accuracy
- Dynamic Topology: Get real-time insights into incidents and visualize probable root causes
- Expanded Workflows: Configure workflows and drive automation through our intuitive Workflow Engine (WE)
- Algorithm Transparency: Add, track, delete and change ML algorithms via new versioning, rollback and history capabilities
- New out-of-the-box integrations, including AWS Firelens to ingest EC2 log files and PagerDuty for on call management
The COVID-19 pandemic is changing the way businesses operate, forcing accelerated business process digitization to serve to change work patterns and long-term strategy adjustments for a severely impacted economy. AIOps plays a critical role in automating these emerging strategies.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how AIOps:
- Reduces costs by automating IT operations and consolidating management tools.
- Rapidly detects unexpected system behavior from novel work patterns and system architecture strains and accelerates response time to novel incidents and problems.
- Can support the acceleration of the remote-work trend by enabling smart collaboration with automated learning.
- Can minimize the pandemic’s unpredictable impact on workforce size, allowing fewer IT professionals to accomplish more meaningful tasks.
The COVID-19 pandemic is radically changing how network services are consumed, both in the short and long term. Architectures must be rapidly upgraded now to cope with temporary stress from changing traffic patterns and customer usage behaviors. This creates a huge network management burdens that will persist. Service providers must permanently adapt to both physical and virtual NOCs. AIOps is critical to this adaptation of network management to the ‘post-pandemic’ world.
In this webinar, service providers will learn:
- The general relevance of AI to OSS/BSS technologies and processes.
- Why AIOps must play a major role in an NSP’s immediate response to the impact of the pandemic on the way in which network resources are utilized by customers.
- The long term role that AI will play at the heart of the physical and virtual networks supporting businesses and consumers in the new ‘post-pandemic’ normal.
The COVID-19 pandemic is radically changing how enterprise IT services are consumed, both in the short and long term. IT operations management teams must rapidly adapt architectures and management techniques to address temporary stress from changing system behavior and usage patterns. They must also permanently redesign infrastructure and app portfolios to address permanent shifts. AIOps is critical to easing persistent ITOM burdens created by this rapid and ongoing shift in the ‘post-pandemic’ world.
IT Ops teams will learn:
- The general relevance of AI to ITOM technologies and processes.
- Why AI must play a major role in an IT Ops team’s response to the current crisis’s impact on the way IT system services are utilized by customers.
- The long-term role that AI will play at the heart of future IT systems in the new ‘post-pandemic’ normal.
Digital transformation makes IT environments more complex, increasing the risk of digital service outages. With legacy event management tools falling short, AIOps offers the best solution for monitoring modern computing resources, and helping IT teams fix problems quickly.
Tune in to this webinar by Moogsoft EMEA CTO and former Gartner analyst Will Cappelli. He’ll provide an overview of AIOps, including how it works, its real-world benefits, and the use cases it addresses.
You will also learn:
- Which IT operations trends led to AIOps’ development
- Why AIOps is needed to manage modern IT environments
- The meaning and five dimensions of true AIOps
- How AIOps boosts the value of your IT management stack
- Vendors’ different AIOps approaches, and why a platform deployment is best
There will also be a live Q&A session with the speaker.
Nancy Gohring, 451 Research Analyst and Will Cappelli, EMEA CTO, Moogsoft
In 2020, IT teams face mounting pressure to adopt new technologies that boost their organization’s competitiveness while managing increased IT complexity. How can DevOps and ITOps teams tame this complexity and ensure optimal performance of critical services?
During this live discussion, 451 Research Senior Analyst Nancy Gohring and Moogsoft CTO Will Cappelli will discuss evolving trends in areas such as AIOps’ maturity, incident response, service assurance, and performance management.
- How AIOps will evolve over the next five years
- How to use an AIOps maturity model to guide enterprises as expertise evolves
- Why organizations need a central team and toolset for monitoring and incident response
- How automation improves IT data fragmentation, alert fatigue, and inefficient war rooms
- Why versatile skills and broad knowledge are key for IT pros to support modern environments
To improve its customers’ overall experience, KeyBank embraced digital services and the cloud, but this led to increased IT environment complexity and customer service expectations. KeyBank’s legacy rules-based solutions for event correlation couldn’t provide the required visibility and control to resolve issues quickly and maintain its service level agreements (SLAs).
KeyBank deployed Moogsoft AIOps, a collaborative platform available in AWS Marketplace. With 50+ AI algorithms, the solution helped KeyBank’s IT and DevOps teams to streamline incident resolution, prevent outages, and deliver continuous service assurance. Today, KeyBank can detect and resolve critical issues quickly and continuously—before the customer experience is impacted.
Watch to learn how to:
-Increase agility, automation, and collaboration in your DevOps processes
-Transform ITOps with AIOps—a combination of AI and machine learning
-Accelerate mean-time-to resolution (MTTR) and improve service assurance
-Use Moogsoft AIOps with Amazon CloudWatch to collect event and alarm data
Learn how to maintain visibility and control over your DevOps environment, deploy software quickly and continuously, and make your business more agile in this Moogsoft webinar series.
In this second webinar, Adam Frank, Senior Product Manager at Moogsoft, will give a live demonstration of Moogsoft Express, a new cloud-native AIOps, and observability solution built specifically for DevOps and SRE teams.
You will learn how Moogsoft Express eliminates IT alert overload, streamlines event management and makes you more productive by:
- Ingesting metrics, events, and alerts from all your monitoring tools
- Analyzing anomalies and events to filter out all irrelevant events and data
- Correlating log events, metrics, and alerts and grouping them into unique incidents
You’re a mighty DevOps team that builds and deploys quickly and efficiently. As a cloud-first organization, you pride yourselves on embracing innovations such as software-defined networks, serverless computing, containers, IoT and microservices.
But all these new tools and techniques create a challenge: operational complexity. How do you build Continuous Assurance into your CI / CD cycles to avoid outages and keep customers happy? AIOps holds the key.
Introducing Moogsoft Express.
Built on Moogsoft’s industry-leading AIOps platform, Moogsoft Express is a new AIOps SaaS offering for DevOps teams and SREs. It identifies anomalies from your metrics, and then correlates them in real-time with your event and log data. It helps you detect critical incidents earlier and resolve them faster.
To learn more, join our new webinar series about Moogsoft Express. In the first webinar on Nov. 20, we’ll provide an overview about Express and explain its main use cases, including:
- Alert noise reduction: Filter out noise, correlate relevant alerts and group them into incidents, to quickly zero in on problems and prevent outages.
- Application monitoring: Get the visibility you need to maintain application uptime and meet SLAs by identifying root-cause within your modern and complex applications.
- Infrastructure monitoring: Monitor your hybrid, distributed infrastructure with metrics analysis, and anomaly identification and correlation, and slash MTTD and MTTR.
- DevOps pipeline monitoring: Prevent, detect and fix issues in your complex and ephemeral CI/CD environments.
Dennis Drogseth, Vice President, Enterprise Management Associates & Mark Milinkovich, Sr. Dir of Product Marketing, Moogsoft
Some enterprises have embraced the value of AIOps, while others remain skeptical. With AIOps vendor hype at high volume, it’s time to pose some practical questions, like: Where is AIOps most relevant? Who should be involved? What bottom-line benefits can be achieved?
In this webinar, Dennis Drogseth (Enterprise Management Associates analyst) and Mark Milinkovich (Sr. Director, Product Marketing) will draw on extensive EMA research and include real-world best practices emerging from Moogsoft customers already succeeding with AIOps.
More specifically we will address:
-Why AIOps is taking off—where, how, and to what end
-AIOps and the digital war room—what are the synergies?
-AIOps and ITSM—how are analytics & automation transforming service teams?
-DevOps—an eye to 2020: with a look at winning trends in AIOps and analytics
-AIOps Deployment—the chief obstacles to deploying effectively
-What you should know to make your AIOps initiative a success
Moogsoft develops AIOps technology that helps enterprise IT Ops and DevOps teams become faster, smarter and more effective. Moogsoft AIOps’ real-time machine learning algorithms help teams remediate issues that impact their customers’ experience by:
• Reducing operational noise (alert fatigue) across your production stack
• Proactively detecting Incidents and correlating Events across your monitoring ecosystem
• Streamlining collaboration and workflow across teams and toolsets
• Codifying knowledge to make operators smarter when encountering future Incidents