What is a trade deal? Breaking down the UK-EU negotiations in 2020
William Bain, BRC
About this talk
In March, the UK and EU will commence the negotiations (apparently to be concluded by the end of the year) on the future UK-EU relationship after EU exit, including the key issues of cross-border trading terms affecting retailers. Our forthcoming webinar will explore some of the basic issues you will need to know by the end of this year, such as:
• The WTO system and key agreements, eg. on SPS and TBT.
• What is a regional trade agreement?
• Negotiating tariffs between preferential trading partners.
• Rules of Origin.
• Typical chapters & outline of an EU trade agreement.
• What are MFN clauses?
• The Political Declaration and UK/EU mandates.