New customs and VAT arrangements come into force at the end of the transition period on 1 January 2021.
Retailers need to be fully prepared in order to implement and comply with these new rules and processes – and to mitigate disruption to the import and export of goods while minimising associated costs.
In conjunction with Deloitte, our Annual Trade Partner for 2020/21, we’ll set out exactly what the new rules are, how they’ll be applied and what you need to do to ensure compliance and reduce your financial and business risk.
• The new “one state, two system” rules
• New processes and requirements on EU imports into GB
• Implications for exporting into the EU – including third country rules on trade in goods
• New rules governing goods movements between GB and Northern Ireland
Gain practical advice:
• On actions to take now to reduce your financial exposure
• How to ensure compliance and minimise costs from 1 January
Ask the experts
• Put your questions direct to customs and tax experts at Deloitte
• Speak to our BRC Trade expert, William Bain