Embase Customer Care Representative: Dr. Josephine Zimmermann
Embase wouldn’t be Embase without Emtree, the life science thesaurus is a hierarchically structured, controlled vocabulary, for Biomedicine and related Life Sciences, providing a consistent description for Embase indexing.
- It offers indexers a comprehensive vocabulary to describe the content of biomedical data;
- For database users, it facilitates comprehensive searching and high precision retrieval.
Emtree has been used to index Embase (including Embase Classic) since 1947, and is unrivalled in its coverage of drug and medical terminology.
In this webinar, Embase Customer Care Representative Dr. Josephine Zimmermann will walk you through:
- How Emtree is built-up and managed
- How we index a typical article
- How drugs, diseases and devices are indexed in Embase
About the speaker:
Josephine Zimmermann holds a PhD in Molecular and Structural Chemistry and Physics from University of Grenoble for her research on the synthesis of fluorescent core-shell nanoparticles for medical imaging. Since two years, she works as Customer Care Representative at Elsevier and supports Embase as well as other Life Science Products. She is reporting the voice of the customer by collaborating closely with the Embase team, analyzing tendencies, providing feedback, and helping you with any kind of issues.