Our economy is on fire! The latest numbers here in the U.S. show that companies added 263,000 jobs in April alone. And unemployment is down to 3.6%, which is the lowest since 1969. All of this growth and opportunity has companies struggling to hire the talent they need – and so they are turning to consultants and freelancers, those making up the Gig economy. Studies are showing that the need for supplementing their workforce will not slow down – especially in the area of project management.
The Project Management Institute (PMI), has stated that there will be a need for 87.7 million project managers by 2027 to meet business demands – and that our inability to meet the demand could result in $207.9 billion in GDP losses. By the same year, studies have shown that independent contractors are projected to become a majority of the workforce.
Managing workers in the ‘Gig’ economy well is critical, enabling an organization to put the right talent in place where and when it is most needed – especially as talented full-time workers are harder to find and harder to keep.
Attend and learn:
•New strategies for resource allocating and planning, including a focus on the role, not the source, of the talent
•How focusing on inclusion, diversity, and fairness is critical to weaving gig workers into your team
•The four critical processes you must have in place to ensure success
•Tactics needed to manage a new type of team
RecordedJun 19 201953 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
This talk is designed to help professionals stand out when presenting themselves online. Whether it is an application to speak, a job interview, or any opportunity in which you are competing with other applicants. Dolores will share her experience as a TEDx organizer, where she managed hundreds of applications every year and made the final decisions on speaker selection. She will share the common factors that made those that got selected stand out.
- How to clearly communicate your value proposition
- The right amount of information to share on your online application
- Get clear on how YOU are different
Businesses all over the world are trying to get creative – how can they reach their customers now that their physical doors may be closed?
This is the time where the Internet can become your best friend. The biggest thing any business can do is convert to a digital business.
- Important steps to take to up your digital presence
- Ways to generate and nurture leads digitally
- Suggested tools to use (most of them have a free plan)
Are you struggling to keep a positive mindset as you are running your business, finding personal peace, enjoying your relationships, and/or being a homeschool teacher? I have news for you! There are simple strategies that you can do on a regular basis that can build your resilience to combat negative emotions, which will result in a better sense of life and work fulfillment. In this webinar, you will learn how to develop a positive mindset and activities that you can do to build your resilience in a time when we need it most.
- Three factors that affect our ability to be resilient if we let them overtake us.
- Three positive thinking strategies to combat those factors.
- Three simple activities that you can do right away to increase your positivity and optimism on a daily basis.
This webinar focuses on stress and sleep and how we may be able to improve both during an unprecedented time. Aileen Axtmayer will help you gain a better understanding of how these areas are being affected and influenced by one another. You’ll foster your ability to give yourself compassion, and the reassurance that you are not alone. We’ll cover specific, evidence-based, practical strategies so you can move from feeling overwhelmed to armed with simple tools to try.
· Some of the physiological reactions that quarantining can elicit in the mind and body.
· Specific strategies to address stress and sleep from multiple angles, including nutrition tips, technology usage hacks, and mindfulness exercises.
· How to make small but impactful changes that can last, no matter what your life looks like.
Tapping into the hidden job market through networking takes more planning and nerve than simply submitting your resume into the black hole of the interwebs. However, being open to connecting and helping others – in good times and bad – can help you cultivate valuable connections in your chosen field, stay focused and motivated during your job search, and find the job of your dreams.
But networking makes many of us feel awkward and uncomfortable. ‘What is my story? Should I talk about the elephant in the room… the pandemic? How can I get a new job, let alone make new connections while we shelter in place?’
You’ll leave this webinar not only with a game plan for your future networking experiences but also feeling more confident in yourself and your ability to make meaningful connections that will help you advance your career.
We will explore the following topics:
- Learning how to meet valuable contacts online.
- Establishing and maintaining authentic relationships.
- Framing your existing employment situation in a positive light.
- Getting the most out of remote networking events and more!
According to a 2017 study, nearly 60% of businesses sought investment or credit opportunities for their business. Whether you are looking to invest in a company or looking for investments for your company, understanding the balance sheet and income statement are essential tools. As a legal and business consultant, Lonna will explain the fundamentals of these accounting reports and help you ask smart questions to reveal a business' financial health. This will help inform your investment strategies and prepare for your future. While Lonna won't be offering specific legal advice, she will use her experience to guide you through these essential inquiries.
- How to read and understand the interplay of a balance sheet and income statement.
- How these accounting reports inform on the financial health of a business.
- To identify smart questions that may reveal additional financial information that will help you prepare for seeking additional investments or decide whether to invest in another company.
Though many of us feel trapped and a bit at wit’s end, we can use this time to move our goals forward. We can use the time to take a breath and tackle projects we’ve put off for a while, or tackle new initiatives. We can be productive at the same time we manage our stress – indeed doing these projects can help us manage the stress.
If you’re not sure what projects to tackle, or how to find the opportunities in this tough time, or just want to brainstorm with us, join us for this webinar. We will talk about how to use the time for your own goals, including brainstorming some ideas from our audience.
This interactive, action-driven session will teach you how to think of money as a tool (not just a goal!), how to get your financial life in order, and how to create a full financial wellness plan that you can actually follow. Your financial “Wealth Alpha™” is not about money alone: it’s about how you use your assets, relationships, unique knowledge, and other resources to accomplish your goals. Whether you’re just starting your financial journey or an experienced pro looking to hit refresh, we’ll make sure that this is not just another personal finance session.
· Who is on your bus? Who do you still need to add to your Financial Wellness team?
· One way to apply a unique resource to have your goals in the next 30 days.
· How to improve one bad money habit you have - in the next 30 days.
Creativity is regarded as one of the top three personality traits most important in career success, but are C-Suite executives fusing creativity into business within their internal environments? This webinar will offer tips and techniques to assist leaders in balancing ones’ creativity in business, cultivate meaningful projects and build a supportive team while showcasing creativity as an important leadership role.
· The difference through discussion of what is meaningful work. Whereas a "career" in many fields connotes climbing a ladder, "career" for a creative person connotes something else.
· How to create some "generic unblocking strategies" for yourself to use when you encounter creative blockage.
· How "Creativity is the business growth engine."
Bobbie Carlton, Celina Caesar-Chavannes and Joy Rain
We will be discussing the importance of visibility for our “unusual suspects”. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and others are not the stereotype for many roles in our daily lives. Seeing yourself represented on a stage, or in a meeting, can be crucial for implementing diversity and inclusion changes. Sharing your equity and inclusion story can be crucial to expressing your authentic self.
· The greater impact of visibility on diversity & inclusion
· The importance of being your authentic self
· How to tell your story to create a space for equity & inclusion
Ready to grow your impact, influence and income through speaking? In this webinar, Beck will show you how to be more prolific with your speaking outreach - so you can "be everywhere" your clients are.
There are three sections we'll cover
1. Strategy: Who you want to get in front of, how you'll do it and what will happen as a result
2. Application: Actually doing the outreach and doing the gigs
3. Leveraging the gigs into content, clients, and collaborations
Bring your questions, and your speaking goals for 2020 - you don't want to miss this.
· Being prolific with applications and using tools like Innovation Women to secure gigs
· Email outreach strategies and tools to help keep you from being overwhelmed
· The art of leverage - importance of lead tracking and making money from speaking gigs
Remember what it was like to wake up feeling excited about your work? The path to burnout often feels like your energy and excitement is being drained away. In this workshop, you will learn 5 steps to stop the drain and get back on track to doing what you love and loving what you do. This is hands-on, so bring a notebook and a sense of curiosity about yourself, your mindset, and the impact you want to make in the world.
Tired of hearing how “shrill” women’s voices are or how women need to speak lower in order to be taken seriously? Me too.
Time to discuss Female Vocal Authority and how to leverage what is dynamic and powerful in female voices. This interactive session will discuss how we got here , the neurological factors at work in any given room, and the skills you need for confident command in speaking that is intentional and clear.
Allison Hamilton-Rohe, Founder and CEO at DailyOutfit
Allison Hamilton-Rohe, Founder and CEO of DailyOutfit, will outfit us with the information on how personal style can prime us to become the best version of ourselves and propel our purpose forward. Her evidence-based talk showcases how we all can use the latest research on embodied cognition, positive psychology, and color theory to improve your results and better your outcomes. After this webinar, walk away knowing how you can set yourself up for your own definition of success.
DailyOutfit is a styling consulting company that empowers women to find their personal style. Allison attended Cornell and the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Stress is a normal part of life that we will continue to experience from time to time. But understanding when stress has gained too much power and is interfering with our daily functioning is critical. Are you constantly multitasking, struggling with sleep, feeling unfulfilled, experiencing symptoms of anxiety? If so, listen in to’ reset’ yourself and regain presence in your world.
Leah Marone is a psychotherapist who specializes in anxiety, depression, relationships, and Mindfulness. By having a variety of clinical roles in various states and countries, she has developed diverse professional experience and global perspective. Currently, Leah sees individuals and families at her practice in Charlotte. She is also sought out by corporations and non-profits to work with executives and teams on improving communication, productivity and job satisfaction.
Everything is exploding in the cybersecurity world. Besides threats, there are laws, regulations, and insurance to consider when building a cybersecurity program. And, all this expansion is driving unprecedented employment growth in this uncharted industry. How does a company stay ahead of this fast-moving environment and what best practices can you employ to protect your business?
Join us for this panel discussion with cyber experts who will share best practices to minimize both privacy and financial risk. Gain an understanding of recent case law and regulation related to cybersecurity and data breaches. And, find out how your threat program should react. Learn valuable tips to building a cybersecurity program that works.
- How to minimize privacy and financial risk for your company
- How recent case law and regulations could affect your business
- Valuable tips to build an effective cybersecurity program
Do you do most of the talking? Do you take too long to get your point across? Do you allow the conversation to go down a rabbit hole?
Whether you’re an entrepreneur or business professional, you can’t seal the deal unless you can speak clearly and concisely. In this webinar you’ll learn:
- how speakers and high level executives lose their audience
- how to create a message that’s crisp
- a mantra for keeping you on track
When you learn to be crisp, you’ll see glazed eyes of boredom turn into raised eyebrows of interest.
Bonnie Low-Kramen, International Speaker and Bestselling Author
Let’s talk money. No more taboos, secrets, or stigma, just facts and strategies. We have no choice. If we keep going with the status quo, it will take 208 years to get to equality. I don’t have that kind of time, do you?
This webinar will be a bad news/great news hour. The bad news is that the stress about money can be overwhelming. Very few women ever get formal negotiation skills training that could be applied to terms of employment. Too many women are underpaid and do not know what their role is actually worth in their market. The great news is that Bonnie Low-Kramen is determined to fix that and she has the success stories to prove she can.
This webinar is for anyone who has a stake in today’s workplace. That means professional women, manbassadors, managers, students, human resources professionals, and recruiters. After all, real change in our workplace is going to take all of us – women and men. This webinar will be mind-opening and could be your catalyst for action.
As the CEO of You, Incorporated, it’s time to address the financial wellbeing of your “company.” Are you ready to make the money that you deserve?