Cathy McNally joins us to discuss public speaking techniques and how to make your messages stand out to your audience!
In this webinar, you’ll learn a “recipe” for creating “Sticky” messages that will help you persuade, influence, motivate, and more. We’re going far beyond “tell them what you’re going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them.” You will leave the webinar knowing the “6 Elements of Stickiness,” and how and why to use them.
Cathy McNally has been making people laugh and helping them learn (usually at the same time) for nearly 20 years. Cathy brings her background as a comic and her expertise in powerful communication to create fun, interactive, and highly effective workshops, coaching, and keynotes.
RecordedJul 10 201951 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Industry expert, Avani Desai, President at Schellman & Company, Inc., will facilitate a one-hour deep dive focused on personal protection and cybersecurity. She will discuss the top 10 ways you become a target for a bad actor. Bring your personal electronic devices for an in-depth look for potential vulnerabilities and how to avoid common targeting tactics.
- Provide an overview of the current threat landscape due to both the changes from COVID-19 and a distributed workforce.
- Discuss the real risks of being in the cyberworld both professionally and personally.
- Provide 10 steps on how to mitigate risk and increase your cyber health.
Are face to face sales still happening in 2020? Absolutely! If you are not doing them, you could be missing out on big money-making opportunities. Want to get noticed, become the expert and land amazing speaking gigs? It all starts with mastering your speaking strategy. New York Times Bestselling author, Suzanne Evans, will teach you how to stand out in a cluttered virtual world with a talk the wows your audience and leaves them begging to work with you. Suzanne will show you the science of success on how to gain expert status and become a sought after speaker with simple strategies you can put into action right away.
- How to create an offer that people are excited to buy.
- How to score speaking gigs that are the right fit for you.
- How to gain great income from boosting your sales from the stage.
Too often, we are inundated by data. Facts and figures come at us from all sides. We are so overwhelmed with information, we feel paralyzed to act. Actionable Data is both a design principle and a way of thinking. It has both high-tech and low-tech applications. Simply put, it involves presenting fresh data with a concrete call-to-action. It moves your core audience from a place of helplessness to a state of empowerment. Actionable data is powerful because the story it generates is ongoing and participatory.
In this webinar, you will learn to:
- Visualize - Present dynamic data in the most effective and compelling way to facilitate interaction.
- Actualize - Design data interactions for maximum impact and resonance.
- Synthesize - Structure your data narrative so that visitors stay engaged.
Put your organization "on the map." We will use the Givingmap.org Interactive Giving Map as one concrete example of actionable data, walking organizations through the steps and tools to create their own maps. This talk is geared to organizational decision makers and does not presume or require technical knowledge.
The fast pace of developments in tech, coupled with the ongoing changes in the legal landscape, make intellectual property (IP) protection more important than ever. Whether you are involved in creating, developing, or purchasing IP, understanding the various types of IP and ways to effectively protect your IP is vital. This webinar will provide a primer on the key IP concepts that you should know—including protection of one’s own IP, preventative measures individuals and businesses should consider, and recent developments in IP protection and litigation. The discussion will be particularly helpful for women in tech, but also applicable to those who work with, or would like to learn more about, intellectual property.
o How to understand the different types of IP, and identify your IP
o How to evaluate the options on how to best protect your IP
o Recent developments in the legal and regulatory landscape and how it affects you and your IP
Effective allyship can help women entrepreneurs and other under-represented entrepreneurs knock down the hurdles they face. How do allies know they're engaging in the good stuff, and avoid the traps of performative allyship? The strategies you’ll learn in this webinar emerged from interviews with 100 women entrepreneurs, especially those who are BIPOC, as well as nonbinary entrepreneurs and experts in the field.
- Easy steps to support the entrepreneurs you know -- including micro affirmations, Shine Theory, and sponsorship.
- What you can do to help make your local start-up ecosystem more inclusive and equitable.
- How being a good ally leads to a stronger economy, more jobs, and more innovation for everyone.
No one could have imagined the immensity of COVID-19. The death toll, political divide, and the devastating impact to small businesses has felt daunting.
There is an incredible bright spot --we have the opportunity to design the future of our nonprofits/businesses, by building on the lessons and practices we have learned and executed during this unprecedented time.
In this webinar you will learn strategies to remain relevant.
-Three essential steps to reimagine your nonprofit/business
-Three areas your business should be focusing on, again
-Three smart ways to reboot your business during a rough patch
The world has pivoted to online. Is your brand ready? Gain strategies to polish your multi-channel online brand story and make it a valuable part of your professional presentation and networking toolkit. You'll also gain tips on do's and don'ts for web calls, so the way you look and sound amplifies rather than undermines your brand message.
3 Ways to amplify your brand through social channels
Strategically building your network without live events
Tips for looking and sounding your best on web calls
It’s no secret that in a time of PPP (pandemic, protests and panic) brands will either win or lose. We will have a conversation about authenticity, consumer sentiment and the need for transparency to survive the times. Nancy Youssef, a recovering corporate executive, weaves her experiences in Fortune 500 companies, an award winning start-up and leadership in the not-for-profit world, to address the challenges of customers, social issues, and disruption. As a person of color and female founder, Nancy shares her observations and insight to inspire and guide small businesses and independent retailers.
- How to inspire good in a chaotic world
- How to drive progress and profit
- Tools for planting a seed for transparency
This talk is designed to help professionals stand out when presenting themselves online. Whether it is an application to speak, a job interview, or any opportunity in which you are competing with other applicants. Dolores will share her experience as a TEDx organizer, where she managed hundreds of applications every year and made the final decisions on speaker selection. She will share the common factors that made those that got selected stand out.
- How to clearly communicate your value proposition.
- The right amount of information to share on your online application.
- How YOU are different.
Businesses all over the world are trying to get creative – how can they reach their customers now that their physical doors may be closed? This is the time where the Internet can become your best friend.
- Important steps to increase your digital presence
- Ways to generate and nurture leads digitally
- Suggested tools to use (most of them have a free plan)
Are you struggling to keep a positive mindset as you are running your business, finding personal peace, enjoying your relationships, and/or being a homeschool teacher? I have news for you! There are simple strategies that you can do on a regular basis that can build your resilience to combat negative emotions, which will result in a better sense of life and work fulfillment. In this webinar, you will learn how to develop a positive mindset and activities that you can do to build your resilience in a time when we need it most.
- Three factors that affect our ability to be resilient if we let them overtake us.
- Three positive thinking strategies to combat those factors.
- Three simple activities that you can do right away to increase your positivity and optimism on a daily basis.
This webinar focuses on stress and sleep and how we may be able to improve both during an unprecedented time. Aileen Axtmayer will help you gain a better understanding of how these areas are being affected and influenced by one another. You’ll foster your ability to give yourself compassion, and the reassurance that you are not alone. We’ll cover specific, evidence-based, practical strategies so you can move from feeling overwhelmed to armed with simple tools to try.
· Some of the physiological reactions that quarantining can elicit in the mind and body.
· Specific strategies to address stress and sleep from multiple angles, including nutrition tips, technology usage hacks, and mindfulness exercises.
· How to make small but impactful changes that can last, no matter what your life looks like.
Tapping into the hidden job market through networking takes more planning and nerve than simply submitting your resume into the black hole of the interwebs. However, being open to connecting and helping others – in good times and bad – can help you cultivate valuable connections in your chosen field, stay focused and motivated during your job search, and find the job of your dreams.
But networking makes many of us feel awkward and uncomfortable. ‘What is my story? Should I talk about the elephant in the room… the pandemic? How can I get a new job, let alone make new connections while we shelter in place?’
You’ll leave this webinar not only with a game plan for your future networking experiences but also feeling more confident in yourself and your ability to make meaningful connections that will help you advance your career.
We will explore the following topics:
- Learning how to meet valuable contacts online.
- Establishing and maintaining authentic relationships.
- Framing your existing employment situation in a positive light.
- Getting the most out of remote networking events and more!
According to a 2017 study, nearly 60% of businesses sought investment or credit opportunities for their business. Whether you are looking to invest in a company or looking for investments for your company, understanding the balance sheet and income statement are essential tools. As a legal and business consultant, Lonna will explain the fundamentals of these accounting reports and help you ask smart questions to reveal a business' financial health. This will help inform your investment strategies and prepare for your future. While Lonna won't be offering specific legal advice, she will use her experience to guide you through these essential inquiries.
- How to read and understand the interplay of a balance sheet and income statement.
- How these accounting reports inform on the financial health of a business.
- To identify smart questions that may reveal additional financial information that will help you prepare for seeking additional investments or decide whether to invest in another company.
Though many of us feel trapped and a bit at wit’s end, we can use this time to move our goals forward. We can use the time to take a breath and tackle projects we’ve put off for a while, or tackle new initiatives. We can be productive at the same time we manage our stress – indeed doing these projects can help us manage the stress.
If you’re not sure what projects to tackle, or how to find the opportunities in this tough time, or just want to brainstorm with us, join us for this webinar. We will talk about how to use the time for your own goals, including brainstorming some ideas from our audience.
This interactive, action-driven session will teach you how to think of money as a tool (not just a goal!), how to get your financial life in order, and how to create a full financial wellness plan that you can actually follow. Your financial “Wealth Alpha™” is not about money alone: it’s about how you use your assets, relationships, unique knowledge, and other resources to accomplish your goals. Whether you’re just starting your financial journey or an experienced pro looking to hit refresh, we’ll make sure that this is not just another personal finance session.
· Who is on your bus? Who do you still need to add to your Financial Wellness team?
· One way to apply a unique resource to have your goals in the next 30 days.
· How to improve one bad money habit you have - in the next 30 days.
Creativity is regarded as one of the top three personality traits most important in career success, but are C-Suite executives fusing creativity into business within their internal environments? This webinar will offer tips and techniques to assist leaders in balancing ones’ creativity in business, cultivate meaningful projects and build a supportive team while showcasing creativity as an important leadership role.
· The difference through discussion of what is meaningful work. Whereas a "career" in many fields connotes climbing a ladder, "career" for a creative person connotes something else.
· How to create some "generic unblocking strategies" for yourself to use when you encounter creative blockage.
· How "Creativity is the business growth engine."
Bobbie Carlton, Celina Caesar-Chavannes and Joy Rain
We will be discussing the importance of visibility for our “unusual suspects”. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and others are not the stereotype for many roles in our daily lives. Seeing yourself represented on a stage, or in a meeting, can be crucial for implementing diversity and inclusion changes. Sharing your equity and inclusion story can be crucial to expressing your authentic self.
· The greater impact of visibility on diversity & inclusion
· The importance of being your authentic self
· How to tell your story to create a space for equity & inclusion
Ready to grow your impact, influence and income through speaking? In this webinar, Beck will show you how to be more prolific with your speaking outreach - so you can "be everywhere" your clients are.
There are three sections we'll cover
1. Strategy: Who you want to get in front of, how you'll do it and what will happen as a result
2. Application: Actually doing the outreach and doing the gigs
3. Leveraging the gigs into content, clients, and collaborations
Bring your questions, and your speaking goals for 2020 - you don't want to miss this.
· Being prolific with applications and using tools like Innovation Women to secure gigs
· Email outreach strategies and tools to help keep you from being overwhelmed
· The art of leverage - importance of lead tracking and making money from speaking gigs
Remember what it was like to wake up feeling excited about your work? The path to burnout often feels like your energy and excitement is being drained away. In this workshop, you will learn 5 steps to stop the drain and get back on track to doing what you love and loving what you do. This is hands-on, so bring a notebook and a sense of curiosity about yourself, your mindset, and the impact you want to make in the world.