During these times of uncertainty with the economy, along with challenges of inequity for women in the workplace, we can be strategic and savvy in our negotiations for better outcomes. In this session, I will share some statistics on women and negotiation, effective attitudes and mindsets to bring into negotiations, and better ways to prepare. I will use stories and examples and will close with some tips for conversations that seem stuck or offtrack.
In this presentation, you will learn how:
- Bias and inequality of pay for women can create challenges when negotiating at work.
- Putting yourself in an effective mindset can increase your negotiation outcomes.
- Thoughtful preparation with consideration of key elements can improve results.
- There are some core best practices to get the conversation back on track.
- Improved negotiation skills are empowering.