Debra J. Farber (BigID) | Ondrej Krehel (LIFARS) | Catherine Castaldo (Nuance Communications) | Deirdre Wheatley-Liss
About this talk
There is a new data privacy law on the horizon. Companies, regardless of where they operate in the world, that process personal data of California residents will soon be subject to new privacy requirements.
About a month after the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect on May 25th, California state signed the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
CCPA goes into effect on January 1, 2020, and similarly to GDPR, it aims to give users more control over their personal data.
Join this interactive Q&A panel with privacy experts to learn more about:
- Scope of CCPA
- How is CCPA similar with GDPR?
- If you are GDPR-compliant, will you automatically be CCPA-compliant?
- Main differences from GDPR
- CCPA's impact on companies
- CCPA limitations and penalties
- Steps to prepare for CCPA compliance
- Debra J. Farber, Sr. Director of Privacy Strategy, BigID
- Ondrej Krehel, Digital Forensics Lead, CEO & Founder, LIFARS
- Deirdre Wheatley-Liss, Principal, Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Group
- Catherine Castaldo, Global Chief Privacy Officer, Nuance Communications
This webinar is part of BrightTALK's Privacy Insights Series. Audience members are encouraged to send questions to the speakers to be answered during the live session.