[PANEL] Biometrics: Key Privacy and Security Considerations
Dr. Ann Cavoukian | Shahrokh Shahidzadeh | Dr. Christopher Pierson
About this talk
Passwords are increasingly ineffective and organizations and governments are turning to biometrics for authentication, cyber security and even national security.
Join this panel of experts as they discuss the rise of biometric technology and its impact on privacy and security for users, consumers and organizations.
- The current state of authentication
- Are biometrics safer than passwords
- Top biometric technologies that could kill passwords
- Privacy implications and the risk of breach
- Safeguarding biometric data
- The future of data privacy and security
- Dr. Ann Cavoukian, Distinguished Expert-in-Residence, Privacy by Design Centre of Excellence Ryerson University
- Dr. Christopher Pierson, CEO & Founder, BLACKCLOAK
- Shahrokh Shahidzadeh, CEO at Acceptto