Lorraine M. Fernandes, RHIA | Jean L. Eaton, Practical Privacy Coach, Information Managers
The increasingly mobile, rapidly digitizing world of data is transforming all aspects of information and leading to new policies and regulations to support data privacy.
Beyond its primary purpose of improving personal healthcare outcomes, health data is being used for a wide range of purposes from improving population health, disease surveillance and the study of health economics. There are dramatic changes in how patients, consumers, or individuals access and use their health data. And, new technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence and biometric authentication are further compounding health information privacy challenges. Now more than ever, it is critical that the privacy of health information be protected.
Lorraine Fernandes and Jean L. Eaton will share:
- The role of The International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA)
- he need for a privacy information sharing agreement (ISA) explored in the IFHIMA healthcare whitepaper
- High level overview of global privacy trends impacting healthcare
- Why privacy is a priority for business leaders in 2020
- The importance of a privacy management program and privacy awareness training to protect personal information and secure critical data assets
- Prepare for emerging privacy trends
Register here (https://ifhima.org/sign-up-for-ifhima-global-news-whitepaper-and-events/) to receive this free white paper and learn more about IFHIMA.
Lorraine M. Fernandes, RHIA, Principal, Fernandes Healthcare Insights
President, International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA)
Jean L. Eaton, BA Admin (Healthcare), CHIM, Practical Privacy Coach, Information Managers Ltd.