Nollaig O’Sullivan, MSc Performance Psychology
The winter months can be a challenging time for many people, particularly after Christmas - dealing with the cold dark days can significantly impact our mood, in conjunction with additional financial and relationship stressors that can arise at this time of year. With this dynamic and challenging environment in mind, we have developed this training focussed on cultivating positive mental health and coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder.
The aim of this session is to highlight and appreciate the impact of additional stressors at this time and help participants to recognise symptoms of struggle, both for themselves personally, and in others. This content aims to offer uplifting strategies to bring more lightness into dark gloomy days.
- Understand the underlying philosophy of positive mental health
- Learn about the Mental Health Continuum
- Explore factors that promote positive mental health
- Learn about evidence-based tools and techniques to boost mental health
- Understand the mechanisms of Seasonal Affective Disorder and preventive actions