Dennis Fritsch, Project Coordinator Sustainable Blue Economy, UNEP FI
Banks, insurers and investors have a major role to play in financing the transition to a sustainable blue economy, helping to rebuild ocean prosperity and restore biodiversity to the ocean. Through their lending, underwriting and investment activities, as well as their client relationships, financial institutions have a major impact on ocean health and hold the power to accelerate and mainstream the sustainable transition of ocean-linked industries.
This webinar will unveil the launch of a practical toolkit for financial institutions to pivot their activities towards financing a sustainable blue economy. This new report outlines strategies to avoid and mitigate environmental and social risks and impacts, as well as make the most of opportunities, when providing capital to companies or projects within the blue economy.
Finance leaders from banking, insurance and investment sectors will add their insight and explain how this new Guidance can help them in their business, followed by a general discussion on the potential of the sustainable blue economy.
Speakers will include:
- Brenda de Swart, Head Sustainability & Communications, RaboFinance Chile, Rabobank
- Klaas de Vos, Consultant, Ocean Fox Advisory
- Dennis Fritsch, Project Coordinator Sustainable Blue Economy, UNEP FI
- Lucy Holmes, Senior Programme Manager – Seafood Finance, WWF
- Rolando Morillo, Senior Vice President / Portfolio Manager of ESG Thematic Investment Strategies, Rockefeller Capital Management
- Ilias P. Tsakiris, CEO, American Hellenic Hull Insurance Company