UNEP FI’s Positive Impact Initiative is launching the Investment Portfolio Impact Analysis Tool to enable financial institutions to holistically identify and assess the impacts associated with their investments, across a range of asset classes. The Tool assists signatories to the Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB) to meet their requirements under Principle 2 on impact analysis. Using methodology derived from UNEP FI’s holistic approach to impact and the Sustainable Development Goals, the Tool’s in-built resources provide a basis for PRB signatories to meet their subsequent requirements under Principle 3 on target-setting, based on internationally recognised standards from within and beyond the UN system.
Features of the Tool include:
• Enables Fund or Portfolio level analysis
• Asset classes covered include fixed income, equity and real estate, among others
• Includes new mappings, including an asset class/impact map and several asset class-specific mappings
• Uses the Principles for Responsible Investment asset class classification & enriched GICS sector classification
• An in-built Indicator Library
The methodology was derived from UNEP FI’s unique holistic approach to impact and the Sustainable Development Goals, as developed by its Positive Impact Initiative (PII), as such it is aligned with the Principles for Positive Impact Finance and is based on the 22 ‘impact areas’ of the UNEP FI Impact Radar. The Tool’s in-built resources, are based on internationally recognised standards from within and beyond the UN System.
Speakers at the launch include:
• Paula Chungsathaporn, Director, UBS in Society, UBS
• Jani Maenpaa, Portfolio Manager, LHV
• Ana Wong Partida, Risk Management, Monex
• Sacha Alibrando, Group Strategy and ESG, Pictet
The Investment Portfolio Impact Analysis Tool is a live resource, designed to evolve over time in order to constantly improve user experience and benefits.