Organizations across the globe have asked their workforce to work from home. Security becomes even more important for remote users. This sudden increase in remote users is a challenge for many of our customers. Corporate VPN setups are typically not scoped for large numbers of off-site workers, and scaling access to business-critical applications can be expensive, time-consuming, and complex.
In this workshop you will hear about:
1. Akamai’s journey towards securing its remote workforce by adopting its own enterprise security products for application access and threat protection
2. Share new data from research done by our security experts on vulnerabilities in existing VPN solutions
3. Deep-dive into Akamai’s secure remote access and threat protection products
4. Live Q&A to answer all your questions
RecordedMay 6 202084 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
Ajay Mishra, Director of Security Technology & Strategy, APJ & Tim Wong, Sr. Solutions Engineer | Akamai Technologies
LIVE HACKING DEMO: Hackers are leveraging client-side attack techniques, also known as man-in-the-browser (MITB) attacks, to intercept and control client browsers, exfiltrate data, and disrupt the end-user experience.
In this talk, featuring a live hacking demo, we will analyse several sophisticated client-side attack techniques that hackers are using to achieve maximum return on investment.
Protecting these attacks can be difficult; we will discuss several best practices that organisations can use to protect their end-users and data against these attacks.
Nicholas Hawkins, Director Security Technology, Akamai & Strategy & Jocelyn Chan, Senior Lead Enterprise Security, Akamai
The Akamai platform scale and depth is immense, but why is that important?
Up to 30% of the total web traffic today is on the Akamai platform, over 50% of the world’s recursive DNS queries are resolved by Akamai (2.2 trillion queries daily). This unprecedented visibility provides insights into DNS and IP traffic that inform our customers’ Security Operations teams.
Akamai’s threat research team has developed a security stack based primarily off of our proprietary algorithms to detect real, current & accurate threats stemming from Akamai’s Carrier grade Recursive DNS and Web Proxy networks.
Akamai’s Enterprise Threat Intelligence is a platform that allows organizations’ Threat Intelligence and Security Operations to directly query Akamai’s Domain, URL and Hash risk severity via open API and automatic integration via MISP.
Join this session to learn more about:
- The various sources of the data and how this intelligence can be used by Security Operations teams
- Some of the major threats that we’ve been able to identify
- The mitigation techniques that customers could leverage from Akamai’s Enterprise Security offering
- How this intelligence is being leveraged by our customers
Fernando Serto, Director Security Technology & Strategy, Akamai & Kenedi Celik, Senior Manager Solutions Engineering, Akamai
80% of security breaches involve compromised credentials and while password hygiene is culpable in part, even complex, indecipherable passwords developed by algorithms can be problematic. A recent dark web audit revealed 15 billion stolen logins from 100,000 breaches. MFA has been seen as a ‘silver bullet’ against compromised credentials- but is it really?
With the corporate network perimeter becoming a faint memory as a result of the global pandemic, the pressure to protect against breaches is mounting. Employees working outside the corporate network perimeter are exposed to multiple authentication attack vectors such as credential stuffing, password spray and other brute-force mechanisms, local discovery and insider efforts, phishing and social engineering, keystroke logging, malicious proxy and reply campaigns. While MFA has steadily grown popular, it is still a form of perimeter security – which doesn’t solve for today’s ‘work from anywhere’ workforce.
Join this session for a walkthrough of Akamai’s next gen Phish-proof MFA service at the Edge
and to learn more about:
- How today’s standard push MFA services work and how attackers can bypass these
- How the FIDO2 standard prevents MFA bypass attacks – a Phish-proof MFA
Fernando Serto, Director Security Technology & Strategy, Akamai
Zero Trust is not a ‘trend’ - it’s here to stay. As enterprises and, in turn, employees, shifted to working from anywhere over the last 18 months, the fundamental definition of the enterprise perimeter was put to the test and the pace of Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) deployment accelerated rapidly. While the pandemic may have pushed deployment forward, this shift was bound to happen – not if but when.
According to Gartner, Zero Trust Network Access improves the flexibility, agility, and scalability of application access, enabling digital businesses to thrive without exposing internal applications directly to the internet, reducing risk of attack.
As part of this session, you’ll be able to take advantage of a brief walkthrough of an Akamai technical setup for securing internal applications.
Join this session to hear our key takeaways from Zero Trust Network Access deployments globally and learn the following:
- Why the traditional castle-and-moat security perimeters are not the way forward in securing your workforce and internal applications
- What the key drivers that have propelled Zero Trust Network Access adoption for other organizations are
- How your WAF, corporate applications, and support tools need to be assessed and setup while leveraging a cloud-based identity aware proxy like Zero Trust Network Access
Ajay Mishra, Director Security Technology, Akamai & Strategy & Jocelyn Chan, Senior Lead Enterprise Security, Akamai
DNS is a standard and necessary technology in today’s world, and is the most basic requirement to do business online. DNS services are frequently targeted by criminals because of their critical nature and this can cause damage to websites, web applications, users and the network.
When your DNS is compromised, your brand is too.
Criminals today leverage DNS vulnerabilities to launch increasingly sophisticated & frequent Phishing attacks which can have severe impacts on organisations. In order to stay ahead of cyber criminals, organisations must ensure they are aware of the evolution of such attack vectors, and what countermeasures are available.
As part of this session, you’ll be able to experience a live demonstration of how attackers are using advanced phishing methods with real-life examples of recently deployed hacking methods and how you can be better prepared to handle such threats.
Join this session to learn:
- Why the core of your security strategy needs to start with holistic DNS security – Authoritative and Recursive DNS
- The top considerations to address in your existing or future DNS implementations and service provider
- How attackers are using advanced phishing methods and how your organization can be better prepared to handle such threats.
Jano Van Deventer, Senior Solutions Engineers & Johnny Yeo, Senior Cloud Security Architect, APJ
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) can dramatically improve the security for workforce logins and minimizes the risk of employee accounts being compromised. But, not all MFA solutions are equal and now attackers are targeting inherent weaknesses in some MFA services to successfully take over employee accounts.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How today’s standard push MFA services work and how attackers can bypass these
- Understand what industry standards have been developed to close these security gaps
- How these standards prevent MFA bypass attacks
- What the admin and end user experience looks like for Akamai’s new phish-proof MFA service
Sarah Lim & Boon Wah Tay, Senior Solutions Engineers, Akamai
On-prem, hybrid, or cloud? Whatever the flavor of application deployment you prefer, a cloud WAF gives you scale, flexibility, and reliability by extending your security perimeter to the edge. The edge is where your users and threat actors operate and where you want to secure your applications to keep the bad actors at bay.
In this workshop, you will learn about:
• The cloud WAF
• WAF management options: manual vs. automatic
• What to look for when choosing a WAF
• A behind-the-scenes look at Akamai’s WAF
Join our Akamai solution engineers for an interactive deep dive on cloud WAF.
It was another record-breaking year for cyberattacks against the financial industry. Credential stuffing attacks were up 45%, while SQL Injection and Local File Inclusion were the most common web attacks. Along with an overall increase in incidents, 2020 saw new daily peaks, with attacks reaching 63 million attacks in one day in November. And we witnessed the rise of phishing kits, which introduced a whole new approach for hackers to take. In our latest report, we team up with WMC Global to bring you a complete, in-depth look at the current state of cyberthreats against FinServ businesses.
Join Sid Deshpande, Director of Security Strategy, APJ, for this live webinar on the latest trends and key insights from the State of the Internet / Security: Phishing for Finance report.
Aseem Ahmed, Sr Product Manager, Cloud Security & Liam Farley, Sr Cloud Security Architect | Akamai Technologies
Last year marked a comeback for DDoS attacks. Akamai saw a huge increase in DDoS attack activity with over 1800 DDoS attacks mitigated in Q4 2020, up 40% year on year. To keep business-critical assets up and running, organisations need access to proactive mitigation controls and a world-class global SOC.
Join Akamai security experts Liam Farley and Aseem Ahmed for an interactive briefing on DDoS mitigation. They’ll share insights about the latest attack campaigns before diving into the details of how our platform, people, processes and defensive technologies can work together to protect your business.
During this briefing, you will:
• Understand multi-vector DDoS attack patterns, including recent extortion campaigns
• Learn how Akamai delivers on its Zero-second DDoS mitigation SLA
• Review reference architectures for multi-layered DDoS protection
• Receive specific advice on how to strengthen your current DDoS protections
Scott Dinsdale, John Batistich, Frank De Sa & Dominic Lovell
Optimised digital properties are more make or break to a retailer’s financial performance than ever. Some retailers are fortunate because online demand for their goods and services has surged during the pandemic and will remain at elevated levels. Others have to deal with big fluctuations of site traffic and engagement depending on evolving Covid-19 restrictions.
Many need to develop increasingly integrated omni-channel experiences. There’s a wide range of circumstances, but all retailers share the common challenges of far greater complexity and expanded cyber risk.
This virtual briefing will help retailers understand how to streamline digital engagements and safeguard their online business.
The industry panel will cover a wide range of topics, including:
- How are retailers adapting to evolving consumer behaviours and digital expectations?
- What do they see as the critical components of a superior customer experience?
- How are they mitigating the evolving cyber risks they face?
- How do leading retailers decide how to allocate their finite resources to have the biggest impact to their business?
Following the industry panel, Dominic Lovell will share technical advice and best practices for:
- Streamlining customer acquisition and engagement
- Protecting websites, apps and infrastructure from damaging cyber attacks
- Stopping malicious bots and fraud
- Increasing digital trust by protecting confidential data and IT systems
Achim Granzen, Principal Analyst, Forrester & Sid Deshpande, Director of Security Strategy, Akamai Technologies
2021 will be the year that every company in Asia Pacific doubles down on technology-driven business model innovation and accelerates their journey to becoming a digital business. Asia Pacific is finally entering a decade of a digitally leveled playing field in which firms in the region will be on par with or even exceed the rest of the world in terms of technology-driven business model innovation.
Forrester Principal Analyst Achim Granzen highlights trends for 2021 for cloud, digital transformation, automation and security, and discusses with Sid Deshpande of Akamai Technologies why organizations in South East Asia growth markets must make investments now to accelerate their digital transformation in 2021.
Financial institutions are in the midst of open banking transformation. Many are focused on the core principles, but others are embracing the growth opportunity. We believe it is timely to take stock of progress and share best practices for open banking innovation.
Join Forrester Senior Analyst, Zhi-Ying Barry, for her latest research on open banking and Johnny Yeo, Akamai Enterprise Security Architect, for his technical advice on APIs. Together they will lead an interactive session featuring:
• Insights on the progress towards open banking in Australia
• Reference architectures for delivering, scaling and securing APIs
• Examples of organisations using open banking for innovation
Key takeaways from the workshop:
- Overview of EdgeWorkers and deep-dive on benefits
- Examples of a few use-cases to get you started
- How to sign up for EdgeWorkers
Discover the latest talks and webinars with Akamai expert perspectives
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world’s largest companies. Our intelligent edge platform keeps apps and experiences closer to users — and attacks and threats far away. Top brands globally rely on Akamai so their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure.