It was another record-breaking year for cyberattacks against the financial industry. Credential stuffing attacks were up 45%, while SQL Injection and Local File Inclusion were the most common web attacks. Along with an overall increase in incidents, 2020 saw new daily peaks, with attacks reaching 63 million attacks in one day in November. And we witnessed the rise of phishing kits, which introduced a whole new approach for hackers to take. In our latest report, we team up with WMC Global to bring you a complete, in-depth look at the current state of cyberthreats against FinServ businesses.
Join Sid Deshpande, Director of Security Strategy, APJ, for this live webinar on the latest trends and key insights from the State of the Internet / Security: Phishing for Finance report.
Aseem Ahmed, Sr Product Manager, Cloud Security & Liam Farley, Sr Cloud Security Architect | Akamai Technologies
Last year marked a comeback for DDoS attacks. Akamai saw a huge increase in DDoS attack activity with over 1800 DDoS attacks mitigated in Q4 2020, up 40% year on year. To keep business-critical assets up and running, organisations need access to proactive mitigation controls and a world-class global SOC.
Join Akamai security experts Liam Farley and Aseem Ahmed for an interactive briefing on DDoS mitigation. They’ll share insights about the latest attack campaigns before diving into the details of how our platform, people, processes and defensive technologies can work together to protect your business.
During this briefing, you will:
• Understand multi-vector DDoS attack patterns, including recent extortion campaigns
• Learn how Akamai delivers on its Zero-second DDoS mitigation SLA
• Review reference architectures for multi-layered DDoS protection
• Receive specific advice on how to strengthen your current DDoS protections
Scott Dinsdale, John Batistich, Frank De Sa & Dominic Lovell
Optimised digital properties are more make or break to a retailer’s financial performance than ever. Some retailers are fortunate because online demand for their goods and services has surged during the pandemic and will remain at elevated levels. Others have to deal with big fluctuations of site traffic and engagement depending on evolving Covid-19 restrictions.
Many need to develop increasingly integrated omni-channel experiences. There’s a wide range of circumstances, but all retailers share the common challenges of far greater complexity and expanded cyber risk.
This virtual briefing will help retailers understand how to streamline digital engagements and safeguard their online business.
The industry panel will cover a wide range of topics, including:
- How are retailers adapting to evolving consumer behaviours and digital expectations?
- What do they see as the critical components of a superior customer experience?
- How are they mitigating the evolving cyber risks they face?
- How do leading retailers decide how to allocate their finite resources to have the biggest impact to their business?
Following the industry panel, Dominic Lovell will share technical advice and best practices for:
- Streamlining customer acquisition and engagement
- Protecting websites, apps and infrastructure from damaging cyber attacks
- Stopping malicious bots and fraud
- Increasing digital trust by protecting confidential data and IT systems
Achim Granzen, Principal Analyst, Forrester & Sid Deshpande, Director of Security Strategy, Akamai Technologies
2021 will be the year that every company in Asia Pacific doubles down on technology-driven business model innovation and accelerates their journey to becoming a digital business. Asia Pacific is finally entering a decade of a digitally leveled playing field in which firms in the region will be on par with or even exceed the rest of the world in terms of technology-driven business model innovation.
Forrester Principal Analyst Achim Granzen highlights trends for 2021 for cloud, digital transformation, automation and security, and discusses with Sid Deshpande of Akamai Technologies why organizations in South East Asia growth markets must make investments now to accelerate their digital transformation in 2021.
Financial institutions are in the midst of open banking transformation. Many are focused on the core principles, but others are embracing the growth opportunity. We believe it is timely to take stock of progress and share best practices for open banking innovation.
Join Forrester Senior Analyst, Zhi-Ying Barry, for her latest research on open banking and Johnny Yeo, Akamai Enterprise Security Architect, for his technical advice on APIs. Together they will lead an interactive session featuring:
• Insights on the progress towards open banking in Australia
• Reference architectures for delivering, scaling and securing APIs
• Examples of organisations using open banking for innovation
Key takeaways from the workshop:
- Overview of EdgeWorkers and deep-dive on benefits
- Examples of a few use-cases to get you started
- How to sign up for EdgeWorkers
Martin McKeay, Editorial Director & Sid Deshpande, Director of Security Strategy, APJ - Akamai Technologies
What a year. As the world adapted to the pandemic lockdowns, criminals did, too. There’s no doubt that many of the changes we’ve seen to the threat landscape are here to stay. Join us for our live webinar as we discuss how:
- Criminals have adapted during the pandemic to take advantage of changes in how we work and function daily
- Increased automation now drives tens of millions of web application attacks a day
- DDoS extortion schemes across Asia Pacific bring threats of business-crippling attacks across industries
- Remote workers are more vulnerable than ever as attackers continue to capitalize on the increased digital risk surface
Don’t miss this chance to review key security learnings of 2020, and prepare for 2021 and beyond. Register now.
Sid Deshpande, Director of Security Strategy, Akamai Technologies
2020 has been a unique year in so many ways, and the cybersecurity landscape is no different. Threats vectors and threat actors have rapidly evolved their attack methods to match the changes in the digital risk surface and security teams have had to spend considerable effort to keep pace with new types of threats.
This session will look at key threats organizations faced in 2020, from DDoS and credential stuffing attacks, to attacks on remote working infrastructure, with a focus on extracting key learnings to help security leaders prepare their security strategies for 2021 and beyond.
신용카드 스키밍(skimming)은 오랫동안 보안팀의 도전과제였습니다. 해커들은 물리적 디바이스에서부터 폼재킹, 스크립트 인젝션과 같은 온라인 정보 수집 공격에 이르기까지 웹 보안 시스템보다 앞서 나가기 위해 지속적으로 전략을 발전시키고 있습니다. 최근에 꾸준히 증가하는 스키밍 방식은 애플리케이션에 존재하는 파트너·공급망 써드파티 스크립트를 활용합니다. 앱으로 들어오는 수상한 침입을 차단하는 기존의 방식도 유용하지만, 벌금이 증가하고 대규모 유출이 발생하고 있다는 점을 고려할 때 개인식별정보(PII)가 탈취되는 것을 막을 수 있는 조치를 반드시 마련해야 합니다.
발표 내용은 다음과 같습니다.
Magecart 공격의 역사와 규모
써드파티 스크립트의 증가가 취약점 증가로 이어지는 이유
스크립트 감염 분석 및 대응 방법
Magecart를 효과적으로 방어하는 서비스의 특징
써드파티 스크립트의 상황을 분석하는 데 유용한 팁
Digital identity and customer profiles are at the center of every company's digital transformation. In today's markets, customer identities and personal data associated with them are among the most critical and valuable assets of any enterprise.
This talk explores the pros and cons of in-house CIAM solutions versus commercial CIAM solutions - taking into account changing requirements dictated by resource, technology, innovation, customer experience, security compliance and regulations. It features a range of recent CIAM case studies in Asia Pacific, including the Communications & Media, Energy & Utilities and Consumer Electronics industries.
Our presenters from Akamai Technologies are Manish Upadhaya, Senior Security Specialist and Dawson Sewo, Principal Cloud Security Architect.
우리 주변에는 좋은 봇도 있고 나쁜 봇도 있습니다. 나쁜 봇은 DDoS, 웹 애플리케이션 공격, 크리덴셜 스터핑 등 다양한 공격에 사용될 수 있습니다. 반면 좋은 봇은검색 엔진 최적화, 대화형 인터페이스, 서비스 통합과 같은 유용한 비즈니스 기능을 제공할 수 있습니다. 디지털 플랫폼에 API를 도입하고 자동화하는 기업들이 증가하고 있습니다. 따라서 좋은 봇이 제 기능을 할 수 있도록 허용하고 동시에 악성 봇과 관련된 리스크를 관리해야 합니다.
Akamai Technologies, 기술 영업 매니저 한준형 (Chun Han)은 이 발표를 통해 봇의 진화, 봇을 활용한 공격 및 다크웹의 경제를 설명하고 효과적인 봇 관리 방법을 공유합니다. 또한 일부 상용화된 봇이 합법적인 비즈니스로 가장하고 특정 온라인 기업을 공격하는 방법도 자세히 설명합니다. 봇의 작동 방식과 봇 운영자의 의도에 대한 이해도를 높이면 정상적인 고객의 사용자 환경에 영향을 주지 않으면서 빠르게 변화하는 봇 운영자의 기술에 효과적으로 대응할 수 있습니다. 어떻게 대비해야 할지, 어떤 부분을 고민해야할지를 기업과 개인 입장에서 제시합니다.
발표자는 Akamai Technologies의 한준형 상무, Korea Media PreSales Manager입니다.
Adam Newman, Global Sr. Product Manager, Web Performance Solutions & Sven Dummer, Global Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Our lives have shifted online. Without the ability to see and touch, images and videos are providing the connections to our physical world. Consumers rely on what they can see online before making a buying decision.
But these are also times of limited bandwidth and network overload. Media-rich websites and apps are creating challenges for marketers, visual design teams, and web developers alike. Delivering high-quality images and video with speed and impact is more difficult than ever. Nothing is more frustrating for consumers if they want to zoom in on a detail and all they get is a pixelated, blurry mess.
Imagine all your videos and images delivered in the optimal format, tailored to the screen size of each end user, and always with the best possible visual quality — all without the need to touch your code or your image and video files. And imagine you could do this in a heartbeat across all your websites and apps without having to touch every single one of them.
Too good to be true? In this webinar, we will introduce and demonstrate how Image & Video Manager can be used to:
- Simplify and automate the process of image and video optimisation
- Deliver the right formats, sizes, and visual quality tailored to each end user’s specific browser, device, and network connection in real time
- Decrease page weight by reducing file sizes without quality degradation
- Do all of the above without the need to write complex code and generate countless derivative renditions of your media assets
- In fact, do all of the above without writing any code, generating any derivatives, or making any changes to your digital asset management (DAM)
You’ll also learn about next steps for your free trial of Image & Video Manager.
Martin Mckeay, Patrick Sullivan & Tony Lauro - Akamai Technologies
Retail, travel, and hospitality were among the hardest-hit industries this year. But what was it about those industries that attracted 63% of credential stuffing attacks and 41% of web application attacks in the past two years? The answer is simple: loyalty points.
Our threat researchers discovered alarming security vulnerabilities in these three industries while analyzing our exclusive data up through Q2 2020.
Watch our on-demand webinar, where you’ll learn:
• Common tactics in credential stuffing, web application, and DDoS attacks
• The vast underground marketplace in stolen accounts
• Strategies and tech solutions to protect your customer data
• Simple steps to protect your own loyalty accounts
• Martin McKeay, Editorial Director
• Patrick Sullivan, Sr. Director of Global Security Strategy
• Tony Lauro, Director, Security Technology & Strategy
Discover the latest talks and webinars with Akamai expert perspectives
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world’s largest companies. Our intelligent edge platform keeps apps and experiences closer to users — and attacks and threats far away. Top brands globally rely on Akamai so their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure.