Warner Bros. Strategy for Working Capital Optimization in a Recessionary Economy
Unlocking working capital: The sales-customer relationship could be the key for finance
Making the right financial decision amidst the continuously changing market dynamics- what data should you use?
How Warner Bros. activated the crisis mode: strategies for mitigating risk and process-level challenges in A/R
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on business operations which has led to a series of rapid changes in the market dynamics as well as customer behavior patterns. So doubling the focus on the working capital and the cash flow would ensure that businesses are able to safeguard their financials amidst the turbulent economy.
Join this session, as Jacob Matthews, VP of Enterprise Financial Services at Warner Bros. highlights how finance leaders should identify and address the internal team challenges, changing customer behavior and process gaps that have come to attention in the wake of this crisis. He would also deep-dive further into how the challenges are different for global businesses- and share some recommendations and strategies that they are looking to implement as a solution.
RecordedJul 23 202031 mins
Your place is confirmed, we'll send you email reminders
With enterprises eager to jump on the treasury transformation bandwagon and so many products to choose from, making informed decisions is critical. Learn the framework to objectively evaluate build vs buy technology options.
Higher Forecasting Accuracy with AI Replacing Spreadsheet Formulas
Fully Automated Cash Forecasting with Daily Updates
Accurate 6 to 9 Month Cash Forecasts for Optimized Long Term Investment and Funding Decisions
Siddharth Subramani, Digital Transformation Consultant
COVID-19 has transitioned electronic billing and payments from ‘good-to-have’ to a ‘must-have’ capability for B2B suppliers and order to cash teams. The logistics for managing operations remotely is speeding digital transformation. In a 2020 industry study by Nacha, respondents cited COVID-19 as a trigger event for moving customers to a more digital experienceToday, more and more finance leaders are looking to invest in an electronic payment and presentment tool, given the need for real-time payments with heavy focus on internal user and customer satisfaction.
Join this webinar from HighRadius where we will deep-dive into the electronic billing and payment capabilities that are a must for enterprise finance departments today, and will further share an action plan from one of our customers, American Greetings to help you drive a successful e-adoption project at your organization.
Key Takeaways :
Digital billing and payments in the times of COVID- why should it be your top priority?
Five must-have capabilities for your electronic invoicing and payments solution
4-step action plan for driving successful e-adoption: An American Greetings Success Story
About 80% of manufacturers expect that the pandemic will have a negative financial impact on their business, according to a survey of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM). The collapse in demand is producing a significant cash slump throughout industries. While attempting to counter this intense pressure on working capital, finance leaders might resort to aggressive strategies to deal with their customers. Although this might feed the short-term cash forecasting goal, it will harm the company’s financial health in the long run.
Join us for this session where our speaker would facilitate the discussion around how finance, A/R, treasury, and credit leaders can work together to balance growth, profitability, and risk. During this session, we will discuss:
1. Global financial trends: Negative interest rates, demand-supply shock and the anticipated change in operations
2. Customer portfolio assessment and credit policy revision to balance credit risk and revenue growth
3. Safeguarding financials in the long run with a framework focused on proactive collections and customer satisfaction delivery
Tracey Ferguson Knight Director – Solution Engineering Treasury
1. Understand the forecasting accuracy vs frequency benchmark for your business to meet its cash surplus or cash deficit obligations
2. Identify leading indicators of liquidity crisis by closely monitoring cash flow categories
3. Determine correct re-forecasting cadence to account for seasonality on top of the baseline forecast
4. Identify stress test scenarios over available capital to plan ahead for potential cash crunch due to unpredictable A/R and A/P
Accurate and timely cash flow forecasts are the top priority for all treasuries during uncertainty.
Due to disrupted supply chains, many sectors are seeing cash reserves either disappear completely or drop to dangerous levels. Cash forecasting enables you to map out your financial position over the coming months and take the appropriate action to safeguard your cash position.
Join Tracey Knight, expert treasury practitioner with 25+ years of experience as she explains the importance of accurate cash forecasting and how it can give you continuous visibility to overcome the crisis.
1. Learn how to use the ROI Evaluation Framework to realize the soft-cost and hard-cost benefits across different cash forecasting technology options
2. Discover answers to key questions around best-in-class forecasting accuracy and frequency which you should ask while evaluating a cash forecasting technology
3. Understand the IT requirement and complexities involved in integrating with existing IT landscape and business units
4. Deep-dive into the phases of implementation across blueprinting, data modeling and AS-IS TO-BE stages and proactively resolve bottlenecks
PwC’s CFO survey stated that 60% of finance professionals consider AI-enabled treasury automation to be a priority in the next 2-3 years.
However, treasuries exhibit a degree of resistance to technology adoption especially with respect to cash forecasting because of the lack of information on the phases of solution implementation, the efficacy of automation, and the ROI it can truly generate.
Join us in our 30-min webinar where experienced Treasury practitioner and AI-technology expert, Tracey Ferguson Knight explains what a treasurer can expect while adopting a cash forecasting automation solution and explain how to navigate through the adoption challenges, with ease.
Tracey Ferguson Knight, Bernice Van Der Velden and Amber Thompson
1. 3 must-have qualities of 'doing more with less' with best-of-breed technologies like TMS, API, AI
2. Build forward-looking KPI models by shifting from quantitative metrics around cash positioning to qualitative business impact such as investment opportunities
3. Learn the 4E framework of Educate, Embrace, Evaluate, Empower to be agile and tech-savvy 'agent of change' in the times of disrupting cash management practices
4. Learn the shift in responsibilities from reconciling cash positions to support fiscal decision-making with better visibility
We stand on the brink of a fourth economic revolution - AI revolution!
Will the coming AI disruptions leave treasury managers unemployable?
As custodian of cash and liquidity, it’s up to the Treasury to diligently ensure smooth cash flow and visibility at a time when ways of performing tasks keep on transforming. What skills do they and their teams need to hone to continue contributing to the company’s working capital and investment decisions?
Join this 30 mins webinar, where Tracey Ferguson Knight, a treasury practitioner with 23+ years’ experience dispels myths surrounding AI and discusses real-life scenarios with Treasury professionals Bernice, and Amber of how technology could transform the Treasury Managers into more proactive and strategic thinkers.
Approved for up to 0.6 CTP/CCM recertification credits by the Association for Financial Professionals.
Tracey Ferguson Knight, Director Solution Engineering Treasury, HighRadius
1. Reveal the 5 key metrics one needs to monitor when measuring cash forecasting performance
2. Compares Excel-based forecasting with AI-powered one by quantifying the performance using these metrics
3. Explain in detail the reason for the difference in numbers for each of the metrics being measured
As a Finance professional, you might have already seen how the marketing jargon of FinTech vendors constantly refers to the words "Automation" and "Artificial Intelligence (AI)", hailing them as catalysts transforming the finance landscape for good.
Treasury is no stranger to this marketing onslaught, with AI in Cash Forecasting being the most regularly talked about topic at conferences, online articles, webinars, and whitepapers. However, as a Treasury practitioner, how can you see through these marketing campaigns which use fancy use-cases to support their claims. The answer we believe lies in facts - facts, where these qualitative benefits claimed in theory, are put to test in a real-world cash forecasting exercise and validated through a quantifiable improvement in metrics familiar to treasury practitioners.
Join this 30-min webinar where experienced Treasury practitioner and AI-technology expert, Tracey Ferguson Knight will do a comparison between excel and an AI-based cash forecasting process.
1. Reduction in DSO by 6 days through AI-enabled collections
2. Auto-transfer of critical accounts to 3rd party collection agencies
3. Proactive collections efforts due to collaborated Credit-Collections operations
Can a smaller team achieve the same ROI as a large one? At Staples, they did not just want to scale up their productivity, their vision was to dramatically decrease bad debt, which, with their 3-step initiative, they were ready to achieve. But they were faced with roadblocks like lack of visibility into critical accounts, paper-based aging and prioritization, and a completely manual invoice-tracking process. The need of the hour was an automation solution that could eliminate these manual tasks and in return help in reducing DSO and bad debt.
Join this discussion where George Uko, Manager of Credit and A/R at Staples Promotional Product walks us through their collections automation journey with AI and how they achieved a paradigm shift at their workplace.
As A/R leaders are navigating through a turbulent economy, one of the top focus areas is to reduce costs and increase team productivity while tackling disputes. Come to think of it, the amount of time spent in researching valid deductions is time lost with no apparent gain to the business- and yet your team is spending hours on this exercise on a daily basis.
In this session, leading deductions expert would share how best-in-class industries tackle deductions differently from their peers, and what are some strategies and automation capabilities that they are actively using to resolve deductions today.
Prioritizing Deductions 101: The nature of the dispute, time is taken to resolve historically and other important factors to keep in mind
How automation is enabling industry leaders to tackle the high cost of research and increased volume of deductions proactively
Improving Order-to-Cash with technology, best practices, and AI
Learn how companies are improving their credit, collections, cash application, EIPP, and deductions management processes for faster and more efficient order-to-cash management. Subscribe for the latest content updates.