Achieving Complete Observability for SaaS Applications
Billy Thompson, Manager, Solutions Engineering, and Patrick Nordstrom, Senior Solutions Engineer, Akamai
About this talk
Akamai Solutions Engineers explore observability for software applications, covering the pillars of logs, metrics, and traces, and how SaaS product teams can leverage open-source tech to achieve end-to-end visibility, empowering quick issue response, data-driven decisions, and an optimized user experience. By the end of the session, you’ll gain practical insights into distributed tracing, log aggregation, UX monitoring, and analytics tools for comprehensive observability across critical application areas.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The importance and benefits of observability for software applications.
- The three pillars of observability: logs, metrics, and traces.
- How SaaS product development teams can leverage open-source technology for end-to-end visibility.
- Strategies for quickly responding to issues and making data-driven decisions.
- Techniques for optimizing the user experience and improving overall application performance.
- Specific technologies like distributed tracing, log aggregation, UX monitoring, and analytics tools.
- How to achieve observability across all critical areas of your applications, from the code to the customer.
Leading companies worldwide choose Akamai to build, deliver, and secure their digital experiences — helping billions of people live, work, and play every day. Akamai Connected Cloud, a massively distributed edge and cloud platform, puts apps and experiences closer to users and keeps threats farther away. Learn more about Akamai’s cloud computing, security, and content delivery solutions.…