Marshall Geck (Manager, Climate Action 100+ at the PRI); SkyNRG
The PRI, in partnership with SkyNRG, held this webinar focused on climate change and the aviation sector on March 31, 2020.
The webinar is intended to strengthen investor knowledge about current climate policies and decarbonisation solutions in the sector, as well as enhance investor engagements on these topics with airlines and aerospace companies.
1. Introduction to the PRI's new Investor Expectations Statement on Climate Change for Airlines and Aerospace Companies.
2. Overview of the aviation sector, including how the Paris Agreement applies to aviation and an introduction to CORSIA and industry-level climate targets.
3. Insights into potential areas to reduce emissions from aviation:
◦ Potential emissions reductions from known technologies,
operations and infrastructure modifications.
◦ Potential emissions reductions from new technologies, including
sustainable fuels, hydrogen, and electric aircraft.
◦ Challenges and opportunities of sustainable fuels, hydrogen, and
4. Next steps for the sector
The presentation slides can be downloaded from the "Attachments" tab of this web page.
◦ Marshall Geck, Manager, Climate Action 100+, PRI
◦ Theye Veen, Managing Director, SkyNRG
◦ Charlotte Hardenbol, Head of Programs and Solutions, SkyNRG
SkyNRG is a global market leader for sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) solutions. Having supplied over 30 airlines on all continents, it is their mission to make SAF the new global standard.
You can learn more about the company here: www.skynrg.com