2021 is set to be a landmark year for climate reporting. The G7 finance ministers have recently agreed to make TCFD reporting mandatory, more countries are likely to follow in the build-up to COP26. Part of the success of the TCFD has been the non-prescriptive nature of the recommendations that can be adopted and applied in many jurisdictions.
Yet, as the countries move towards TCFD based regulation, there is a risk of fragmentation and differing interpretation of how the TCFD should be implemented. To reduce this the Taskforce has been working on and now published new proposed guidance for metrics, targets and transition planning. This webinar will be an opportunity for signatories to hear and ask questions on the new guidance and the related consultation (which closes on 7 July).
- Kaja Pergar, Secretariat, TCFD
- Peter Sandahl, Head of Sustainability, Nordea
- Carter Powis, Engagement Manager, McKinsey & Company
- David Blood, CEO, Generation Investment Management
- Moderated by: Martin Skancke, Board Chair, PRI & TCFD member