Join Insider Progress on Thursday, 23 July at 3pm (BST) for the second part of our Insider Progress Black Lives Matter series which will look into self-identification, both for the individual and the company to see where they are on their journey to fight black underrepresentation and where they want to get to.
Points of discussion for the second instalment include:
- How can companies start to identify how well they currently support and encourage the development of black professionals? Are there any specific needs for black employees which companies could better address?
- The importance of data collection and creating a safe space for employees to self-identify their race
- How can we collectively – from junior employee to C-suite - create an environment in which black professionals can thrive?
- How can companies effectively monitor their progress on racial equality?
- What structures and frameworks could be put in place to make sure black voices are heard?
- What measures can be taken to encourage more black talent into the industry?
- Richard Brindle, Chairman, Group Chief Executive Officer & Group Chief Underwriting Officer, Fidelis
- Charmaine Davis, Senior Vice President and Founder, African Heritage Colleague Resource Group, Marsh
- John Doyle, President and Chief Executive Officer, Marsh
- David Flint, Head of Broking and Capacity Distribution, Newpoint Insurance Brokers
- Keith Jernigan, Underwriting Assistant, Fidelis
- Fiona Pizzey, Senior Engagement, Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion Consultant, Human Resources, MS Amlin
- Ronald Reeves, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, USA, Canada, and Latin America, AIG
- Andrea Santolalla, Chief Operating Officer, Hiscox Special Risks
- Charlie Thomas, Content Director, Insurance Insider (moderator)
- Ingrid Woodward, Head of IT and Operations, CNA Hardy