Insider Progress | Why data is crucial to really knowing your workforce
About this talk
As an industry, the (re)insurance community knows the power of good data and the influence it can have on the success of a business. But to what extent does this mindset extend to diversity and inclusion?
The London insurance market is striving towards creating a more diverse and inclusive workforce, but how do we chart the progress of this work? Every HR team will collect data on the make-up of its employee base, but how granular should this data collection go, and what should we do with the data once we have it?
Join us on Thursday, 4th June for this Insider Progress webinar, in which we will discuss the Lloyd’s data collection toolkit, the latest UK gender pay gap results for insurance and how data insights can help shape and evolve the wider culture.
Discussion points include:
- The why, what and how of effective employee data collection, using the Lloyd’s toolkit as a guide
- The practicalities and challenges of collecting more granular data on any given workforce
- How to effectively and interpret patterns of aggregated data to influence D&I strategies
- The results of the insurance industry’s gender pay gap data and where the market goes from here
- Charlie Thomas, Content Director, Insurance Insider (Chair)
- Louisa Blain, Director, People Advisory Services, EY
- Marc McKenna-Coles, Global Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Lloyd’s
- Kishan Mangat, Associate, DWF