Insider Progress | Black Lives Matter Series - Part 1
About this talk
Join Insider Progress on 25 June 2020 at 3pm (BST) for the first part of a series of webinars which aim to provide a platform for black voices to share experiences and raise the level of education.
Points of discussion for the first instalment include:
- Sharing life experiences on being black in a world which is entrenched with systemic racism
- Discussing the extent of inequality within the financial service industry and beyond
- How the BLM movement will create space for black communities and individuals to thrive
- Sharing literature/educational resources for allies and advocates
- Exploring why removing institutional blockers requires collective effort
- The need to consider those who have been further marginalised within Black liberation movements i.e. "Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum" (reference: blacklivesmatter.com/about/)
You will hear from:
- Catrin Shi, Insurance Insider (moderator)
- Maxine Goddard, iCAN
- Iveren Yongo, Travelers & ACIN
In later instalments, we will discuss how companies can track, monitor and improve their support for black employees in a practical way.