The COVID-19 pandemic has added extra challenges for employers steering their healthcare plans through an already changing risk landscape. QBE’s inaugural Accident & Health Market Report 2021 revealed a number of market and health sector trends that employers should consider when evaluating their self-funded healthcare plans.
In this webinar with Insider Engage, QBE’s select panel of experienced professionals will expand on the report’s findings and discuss how plan sponsors can optimize their self-funded healthcare programs.
• The growing role of stop loss insurance in self-funded plans and increased captive
• Claims frequency and severity trends by primary diagnosis and deductible amounts
• Direct COVID-19 claims effects from respiratory conditions to stress, substance abuse and mental health
• Potential long-term impact of delayed preventative screening and treatment during the height of the pandemic
• Employee assistance is coming to the fore; the rise of virtual tech and telehealth; child and elder care
• Captives are in focus for controlling plan costs in the face of high-dollar claims resurgence
• Unbundling and optimizing stop loss arrangements through a captive is growing in popularity
• Leveraging the use of an established single parent captive by adding MSL or participating in a group captive to establish a greater spread of risk
• Why fast-growing speciality pharmacy spend is a serious issue that all healthcare stakeholders should be discussing
• Cell and gene therapies are disrupting a fee-for-service model that is rooted in volume-based discount contracting
• How to create clinical programs that are primarily outcome based for better all-around value
• Going beyond the rate; time to rethink partner and program choices to balance retaining talent with continued affordability
• Sustainability, more than rates and terms, ESG, business continuity, Premiums4Good, etc.