Mastering Market Volatility: Insights into Insurer Investments
About this talk
What are the impacts on fixed income and private assets for insurers amidst market volatility?
Uncertainty seems to be the only constant for insurers these days. Against a backdrop of high inflation, continuing geopolitical tension and a patchy economic outlook, managing an insurer’s investment portfolio requires a full view spectrum of the entire end to end insurance lifecycle.
In a free to view webinar, offered in partnership with S&P Global Intelligence, our expert panel will discuss what is informing smart insurers’ investment strategies – and how accepted wisdom no longer holds.
Topics up for discussion include:
• From inflation to geopolitical, what are the most worrying macro-economic signals that insurers are monitoring?
• As more attractive yields on fixed income securities work through, how are insurers responding?
• How far will insurers go in raising their risk tolerance in light of increasing private assets?
• What insurance business trends are influencing investment decisions, for example to do with liquidity and ALM?
• How important is sustainability on the agenda for CIO/CFOs on the investment frontline?
• What regulatory developments could affect insurers’ investment allocations in the future, for example around IFRS 17 or evolving Solvency II rules?
• Regional bank failures stoked fear of a banking crisis recently; what ‘known unknown’ keeps our panel members awake?
Joe Pursley, Head of Insurance, Americas - Nuveen (part of TIAA)
Eleanor Bucks, CIO - Lloyd's of London
Aurora Swithenbank, Chief Financial Officer at Vantage Group Holdings Ltd
Michel Leonard, chief economist with the Insurance Information Institute
Ben Dyson, Insurance Reporter, EMEA, S&P Global Market Intelligence