Property (Re)insurance Dynamics for 2024: What Lies Ahead?
About this talk
As the (re)insurance industry adjusts to the “new normal” of $100 billion in annual natural catastrophe losses and the ongoing pressures to maintain their cost of capital, has the hardening property market stabilized? How are (re)insurers responding to upticks in property values, frequency of natural catastrophes and coastal migration?
Join Insurance Insider, in partnership with Markel, for a free webinar, 11 am ET/ 4 pm GMT on Nov. 16 as we explore how the property (re)insurance market is shaping up for 2024.
Discussion questions include:
• Overview of the property market and 1.1 renewals
• Has the (re)insurance rates, terms and conditions stabilized?
• How are insureds, insurers and reinsurers managing catastrophe risk?
• What is the impact of social and economic inflation on catastrophe (re)insurance supply and demand?
• How is regulation impacting the market?
• How is the role of ILS evolving?
• Why is valuation so hard to get right, and what are companies doing to improve that?
• What new tools are being used to improve underwriting and claims?
Guenter Kryszon, Chief Underwriting Officer for Property, Markel
Michael Rouse, US Property Practice Leader, Marsh
Marlin Ramlal, Senior Underwriter, MS Reinsurance
Moderator: Meg Green, Senior Editor, Insurance Insider