Talent Acquisition Best Practices for Building Inclusive Teams
Arthur Yamamoto, Heather Dunn, Jen Casimiro, Michael Kyle
About this talk
Gallup defines “inclusion” as “a cultural and environmental feeling of belonging”. This feeling of belonging influences whether individuals feel valued, respected, accepted, and encouraged to bring their unique characteristics to the workplace. Inclusion impacts how much (or how little) individuals feel they can bring their whole selves, ideas, and experiences to work. If we want individuals in our companies to know they belong, we must figure out how to champion inclusion and reduce exclusive practices.
Watch this panel, brought to you by Gem and Checkr, and learn the best practices for building inclusive teams. You will hear from the experts on why belonging is so fundamental to healthy workplace culture and what practical strategies you can establish in your workplace to initiate changes for the better.
Our panel of speakers covers:
- The impact belonging has on retention, performance, and productivity
- Ways to identify and uproot exclusive practices that negatively impact individuals
- How allyship and mentorship promote belonging
- Ways to ask for feedback from employees to uncover how they feel about company culture
- Ideas on how to build programming and events that promote inclusion