Mahesh Rachakonda, VP – Product & Solution Engineering at CipherCloud and Matt Hines, VP of Marketing at CipherCloud
Arguably the no. 1 takeaway for security practitioners analyzing the recent cyber attacks targeting SolarWinds and its use of the Microsoft Office 365 cloud platform is the need to employ stronger mechanisms to detect and respond to such cross-platform threats in real time.
As demonstrated in this scenario, attackers’ abilities to compromise existing defenses and subvert access controls for Office 365 and other cloud platforms enabled them to infiltrate multiple organizations to execute potential data theft, all while remaining undetected. This was a particularly damaging technique given the “trusted connection” relationship existing between Office 365 and other clouds.
To address this issue and increase the likelihood of identifying and preventing such threats - those that take advantage of pervasive risks directly related to complex ecosystems of cloud applications and infrastructure - practitioners clearly require centralized capabilities designed to pinpoint and mitigate cross cloud platform attacks.
In this webinar, we’ll examine the specific steps that enabled attackers to gain access to Office 365 and leverage its connected cloud relationship with other applications to carry out their campaign. We will also highlighting key capabilities of the CipherCloud CASB+ that can help organizations address such conditions, including:
- Monitoring of all 3rd-party applications connected to your cloud applications
- Logging and reporting cross-cloud security events and impacts
- Detecting unusual cloud activity and anomalous user behavior
- Leveraging automated cloud anti-malware and APT prevention
- Ensuring cloud data protection via E-DRM and other controls
- Assessing and remediating risk in cloud applications configurations
Join us for the timely best practices webinar aimed at helping you avoid costly breach incidents.