Diana Kelley, SecurityCurve | Vinay Pidathala, Menlo Security | Delyan Nestorov, Rapid7 | Charity Wright, Recorded Future
Join this episode of The (Security) Balancing Act for an insider's view of life on the front lines of cybersecurity.
This panel will look into what it's like to work in and manage a Security Operations Center (SOC), as well as share best practices for keeping your team of front-line defenders sane, empowered and happy, and your organization secure.
The topics up for discussion during this episode include:
- What kind of people are best suited for work in a SOC?
- What kind of training / certifications / skills are needed to be successful?
- How to handle alert fatigue and analyst overload?
- Is automation (ML & AI) the answer?
- What do you do when IOCs aren't enough?
- Hunters vs. responders, what's the difference?
- How the pandemic is impacting security operations?
- Building a healthy team culture and managing self-care in the age of breaches
- What's needed to make life easier for these front-line cyber defenders
This episode is part of The (Security) Balancing Act original series with Diana Kelley. We welcome viewer participation and questions during this interactive panel session.