Diana Kelley, SecurityCurve | Mary Jane Dykeman, INQ Law | Lily Li, Metaverse Law
About this talk
Data sovereignty refers to the concept that data is subject to the laws of the country in which it is processed. Countries around the world have had these laws long before today, even before new privacy laws and legislation - like GDPR - came into force.
By the end of 2021, 78% of enterprises will have a multi-cloud environment. With this in mind, if an organization utilises a multi-cloud infrastructure with data centers across the globe, they could be in violation of data sovereignty regulations. What does this mean given the increase in enterprises adopting multi-cloud, and how can we navigate these rules and regulations and keep our data safe and secure.
Join experts in the field as they discuss:
- Why data sovereignty matters when choosing your cloud solution
- When it is and when it isn’t reasonable to expect full containment of your data
- How to simplify data sovereignty with the cloud
- Regulatory implications of Internationally distributed collaboration teams
- How to make data sovereignty and SaaS get along
- Cloud security compliance
As we realize the transformative power of the cloud, AI and machine learning, has our culture of responsibility and ethics kept pace? How do we harness our new technological capabilities to the understanding of how to use them well?…