Diana Kelley, SecurityCurve | Peter Chestna, Checkmarx | Aidan Walden, Fortinet | Carolyn Duby, Cloudera
In the pursuit of greater agility and communication with customers and prospects, companies are rapidly producing applications across a number of environments. However, the dynamic nature of cloud-native architectures and the increasing use of open source components, serveless, low code/no code, and containers has left security struggling to keep up. Traditional on-prem monitoring and prevention measures are unable to identify, manage and prevent growing multi-cloud application threats.
According to Verizon, hackers are targeting applications more today than ever before. Last year 17% of all cyberattacks were categorized as Application Security threats. These attacks represented 26% of all breaches, with web application attacks ranked as #2 for both incident and breach sources.
In this episode of The (Security) Balancing Act, we’ll examine how to ensure your applications are developed and managed securely, and the next generation of solutions.
Join us as we evaluate:
- Why automation and security testing tools are key components in the implementation of a secure AppSec cycle
- How to align AppSec with your other security solutions, to maximize value and efficiency
- Where and how the ShiftLeft/DevSecOps mindsets fit i
- A discussion around SAST and DAST (Static and Dynamic Analysis), and their role in a comprehensive Application Security
- The role of SBOMs (software bill of materials) and how a robust SCA (software composition analysis) program can help
- The considerations you must take when using third-party applications and evaluating if they meet app sec requirements
- The future of application security and the threats you need to guard against