When it comes to operational security, a forward-facing approach is essential. Having a high-level yet comprehensive cybersecurity strategy is a great way to understand your attack surface and navigate risk. But how can you plan long-term when incidents are taking attention every day and technology and attacks continue to evolve?
Being forward facing means moving away from a reactive cybersecurity strategy towards a proactive plan. However, creating a 3-year plan is no easy feat. It takes continuous monitoring, agility, and the ability to plan for the unexpected.
In this episode of The (Security) Balancing Act, Diana Kelley and guests will discuss:
- The benefits of a long-term cybersecurity strategy
- Key considerations when building out a program or strategy
- Balancing immediate and urgent tasks with long-term planning
- Getting Board by-in for strategic goals
- How to monitor your strategy to ensure it remains effective
- The first step to building your 3-year plan
- And much more!
As we realize the transformative power of the cloud, AI and machine learning, has our culture of responsibility and ethics kept pace? How do we harness our new technological capabilities to the understanding of how to use them well?…