China, the world’s second biggest economy, is responsible for around 30% of global growth, yet foreign investors own only 4% of onshore equities. Often subsumed into regional or Emerging Markets indices, investors can sometimes feel reluctant to make standalone allocations to the market.
In the latest update to our yearly series, we look back at where China has come from, how it has handled Covid-19, and provide a snapshot of where the economy might be headed.
• How has China reached its current stage of development?
• How was the country affected by the Coronavirus pandemic?
• What is the status of the China capital markets?
• What opportunities and challenges do investors face in China?
• Can China be included in ESG allocations.
Professional investors can expect to gain an entry-level overview of the trajectory of the Chinese economy.