Protecting Your Organization From MosaicRegressor and Other UEFI Implants
Yuriy Bulygin, CEO of Eclypsium & Scott Scheferman Principal Cyber Strategist
About this talk
The recent discovery of MosaicRegressor spyware is the latest in an ongoing trend of UEFI implants observed in the wild. These threats are particularly powerful because their malicious code runs before and supersedes the operating system, while also allowing the threat to persist within firmware even after a system is reimaged. The implant code itself is universal and easy to build and the UEFI file system format is largely unmodified by individual OEMs. This creates a relatively low barrier to entry for attackers making it likely we will see this type of capability show up in other campaigns.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How MosaicRegressor and other UEFI attacks work
- Why these attacks are so dangerous and difficult to detect
- Why this discovery is significant, and what it portends for future threats
- How Eclypsium is able to detect these threats even before they are public
- What strategies you can use to protect and defend your devices from UEFI attacks.
Eclypsium is the industry’s leading enterprise firmware protection platform - providing a new layer of security to protect your IT infrastructure from firmware attacks. Eclypsium defends enterprises and government agencies from vulnerabilities and threats hidden within firmware that are invisible to most organizations today.…