In this 30-minute webinar, we'll discuss the origins of Ceph and why it's a great solution for highly scalable, capacity optimized storage pools. You’ll learn how and where Ceph shines but also where its architectural shortcomings make Ceph a sub-optimal choice for today's high performance, scale-out databases and other key web-scale software infrastructure solutions.
Participants will learn:
• The evolution of Ceph
• Ceph applicability to infrastructures such as OpenStack, OpenShift and other Kubernetes orchestration environments
• Why Ceph can't meet the block storage challenges of modern, scale-out, distributed databases, analytics and AI/ML workloads:
• Where Cephs falls short on consistent latency response
• Overcoming Ceph’s performance issues during rebuilds
• How you can deploy high performance, low latency block storage in the same environments Ceph integrates with, alongside your Ceph deployment