Rama Kolappan, Faction’s Chief Product Officer, and Jim Shook, Dell Technologies Field CTO for Cyber Recovery
Every 11 seconds a cyber or ransomware attack occurs1, threatening to steal or compromise a businesses’ most critical asset – their data. This can lead to lost revenue, reputational damage, and costly regulatory fines. Protecting your critical data and recovering it with validated data integrity is key to resuming normal business operations post-attack.
Customers are looking for the cost efficiency and operational flexibility of the cloud without compromising the security, data protection, and data integrity that on-premises offers. Together, Faction and Dell Technologies deliver a secure data vault and intelligent analytics that safeguard your critical data from cyber-attacks, ransomware, and insider threats.
Join Rama Kolappan, Faction’s Chief Product Officer, and Jim Shook, Dell Technologies Field CTO for Cyber Recovery, as they discuss how organizations are successfully leveraging Dell Technologies and Faction to isolate critical data in the cloud without compromising data integrity.
Our hosts discuss:
● How businesses get results with Multi-Cloud Data Services with Dell EMC PowerProtect, enabled by Faction
● How Cyber Recovery for Multi-Cloud Data Services provides a secure managed vault that isolates critical data from ransomware and cyber-attacks across on-premises and cloud deployments
● How the solution offering provides cost savings and provides flexibility for either a capital or operational financial model
● Strategic partnerships with the hyper-scalers and why it is so important to your business
● The impact that their technology coupled with Multi-Cloud Data Services brings organizations over other disparate solution offerings
In this 25 minute session, Faction Enterprise Architect, Kim Read covers Cloud Data Warehouse and Analytics evolution, potential challenges you may face, as well as the problem of data gravity, and how multi-cloud can solve it.
Watch this on-demand session from the TDWI Virtual Summit, Data and Analytics in the Cloud: Innovative Strategies for Success. During the virtual session, Faction’s VP of Solutions, Jay Cuthrell, covered Cloud Data Warehouse and Analytics evolution, potential challenges you may face, as well as the problem of data gravity, and how multi-cloud can solve it.
Watch the on-demand session from the 2021 Data Summit Connect event. During the session, Faction’s Enterprise Architect, Kim Read covered Cloud Data Warehouse and Analytics evolution, potential challenges you may face, as well as the problem of data gravity, and how multi-cloud can solve it.
Matt Wallace | Faction & Jodey Hogeland | Dell Technologies
Organizations are turning to the cloud for access to elastic compute and easily accessible application services, with 90% of them planning on a multi-cloud strategy by 2024*. How can you be sure your data solution can scale, meet performance requirements and is protected and positioned to take advantage of the best innovations in a multi-cloud world? It requires the best of Dell Technologies storage and data protection solutions, enabled for seamless multi-cloud access.
Dell Technologies in collaboration with Faction, are pleased to share with you:
• A Cyber Recovery solution: PowerProtect for Multi-Cloud delivers a true air-gapped vault powered by Dell Technologies proven Cyber Recovery solution.
• Performance Proof Points: Third-party ESG validated data performance using Dell Storage for Multi-cloud powered by Faction against high-performance workloads like genetic sequencing.
Join expert speakers Matt Wallace—CTO, Faction and Jodey Hogeland—Global Technology Evangelist, Dell Technologies to discover how these solutions can strengthen your cloud strategy and protect your business’ most valuable asset: its data.
Ben Stiles, Technical Director of Strategic Accounts at Faction
A container-based approach to architecture can unlock significant advantages that include application mobility, rapid scaling, and operational efficiency.
When applied to a multi-cloud approach, containers can be deployed without proprietary cloud templates (e.g. AWS AMI), and provides the ability to arbitrage costs across public clouds more efficiently.
This all sounds great, but complexity can shut down your progress. VMware Tanzu provides a management layer for container orchestration across hyperscale cloud providers, which solves the majority of the complexity problem. But what about your data?
In this on-demand session we will cover the following topics:
-Status of VMware in Public Clouds
-Primer on VMware Tanzu
-Tanzu as the central management plane for multi-cloud container management
-Multi-Cloud data as part of your Tanzu architecture
VMware Cloud is now available on multiple public clouds: VMware Cloud on AWS, Azure VMware Solution, Google Cloud VMware Engine, and Oracle Cloud VMware Cloud Solution. How do you choose the right one(s) for your environment? In this webinar replay, we will cover:
-Introduction to VMware Cloud
-VMware Cloud Availability on Public Clouds
-Strengths of each
Ben Stiles, Technical Director of Strategic Accounts at Faction
Multi-Cloud is THE pillar of IT in 2021, and Faction is here to show that it isn’t just theory anymore. We will take you through our in-depth validation and testing, real world architectures, and lessons from the trenches that will change your point of view on how this could change your business in 2021 and beyond.
Duan van der Westhuizen, SVP of Product & Marketing, Faction
VMware Cloud on AWS was the first cloud-based offering for VMware customers looking to seamlessly adopt public clouds, but it is no longer the only option. Offers like Azure VMware Services, Google Cloud VMware Engine, and Oracle Cloud VMware Cloud Solution have expanded the reach from the on-premises datacenter to a global multi-cloud network of providers and regions. Is your organization ready to embrace this new scope in cloud environments and capabilities?
In this webinar, we help you understand the considerations you should take note of before diving in head first:
● Data Gravity and its effect on your future flexibility and cloud optionality
● Cloud lock-in and what it means to your business
● VMware as the central platform that enables true private, hybrid, and multi-cloud
● How your business can get a competitive edge by using more than one cloud at a time
● Driving a 10x savings in data costs while using the best tools from your cloud of choice
● How does this all work? The fundamentals of multi-cloud networking
The top public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Provider) provide similar functionality at the base level, but offer different advanced services and capabilities. Learn how these capabilities are growing further apart over time, and why your teams will want the flexibility of choosing the right cloud for the job at the right time. During this session we will cover:
• Differences in hardware, networking, and other basic elements between clouds
• Differences in services used for things like IoT, AI/ML, and containers & serverless computing
• How data gravity limits multi-cloud use and how to overcome it
• How data, billing, and governance interact
Using specific details drawn from implementing real-world multi-cloud architectures that truly power great outcomes for business, hear Faction’s “lessons learned” from working with large enterprises tackling difficult multi-cloud problems in areas like biotech and Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) development.
Corey Dickson, Cloud Solutions Engineer at Faction
Join Faction’s Corey Dickson, Cloud Solutions Engineer, as he shares how on-premises VMware engineers can leverage existing expertise and learn new skills to make the leap to the role of Cloud Architect.
During this session, Corey covers:
• Overview of Premise vs. Cloud Architecture
• Getting Started with Adopting Hybrid Cloud using VMware Cloud on AWS
• Anticipating Future Needs with a Multi-Cloud Plan
• Define the role of a Cloud Architect
• Which On-Prem VMware skills Carry Over Into the Cloud
• Perfecting the Top Three Skills to Become an Effective Cloud Architect
• Recommended Learning Resources And Certification Paths
Adopting cloud can be daunting, but VMware has removed many of the typical hurdles to extending or migrating your environments to cloud. However, there are a number of important planning steps that could either accelerate or hinder the effectiveness of your move. Join us to learn how to optimize your cloud transformation with VMware Cloud on AWS.
In this webinar replay we cover the following topics:
1.Important considerations before getting started
2.The lowest cost and least complex option for spinning up your first workload on VMware
Cloud on AWS
3.From physical to software defined networking, and how this extends into cloud
4.Selecting the right instance type for your workloads
5.The impacts of the hyperconverged infrastructure used in VMware Cloud on AWS
6.Attaching storage when the local NVMe is not enough
7.Managing and scaling up once you have your first workload deployed
Faction is a leading managed services and cloud-attached storage provider for VMware Cloud on AWS. Your resource for Disaster Recovery, Cloud Migration, Data Center Extension, and integrating with AWS Apps.