Serverless Computing for DevOps - Is This The Future?
Helen Beal - DevOps Institute, Marc Hornbeek - Engineering DevOps Consulting and Ernesto Marquez - Concurrency Labs
About this talk
Serverless computing is redefining how enterprises develop applications and services in the cloud. Its popularity has grown exponentially in recent years, as DevOps teams embrace how it allows them to reduce and even eliminate time and cost on the back end.
Yet for many developers, there is still apprehension regarding such an architectural shift. In this episode of Day-to-Day Devops, we discuss what’s behind this apprehension and explore whether serverless computing is in fact the future for DevOps teams.
- Join Helen Beal and guests as they address:
- The business and developer productivity benefits behind serverless computing’s steep rise in adoption
- How DevOps teams can learn to use serverless computing
- Potential downsides to serverless
- Potential security risks caused by misconfiguration and premature deployment
- And more
DevOps’s impact on software development - and on the bottom line - cannot be underestimated. Collaboration between development and operation teams is now considered the key for successful digital transformation, yet many practitioners believe that the full benefits of DevOps are yet to be uncovered or properly communicated.
In this series, we will explore the challenges and opportunities DevOps presents, how best to realize them, and how to turn process into profit.