After months of negotiations, the European Council and Parliament have reached an agreement to establish a consolidated tape for equities and ETFs.
The lack of a consolidated tape has been branded a barrier to ETF growth in Europe and a hurdle to the Capital Markets Union, with investors unable to see the true liquidity picture of products.
This webinar explored key details of the agreement, such as the inclusion of live pre-trade data, the lack of venue attribution and the potential impact a consolidated tape will have for investors across Europe.
• What are the key takeaways from the agreement?
• Will the EU’s consolidated tape be successful in driving flows into UCITS funds?
• What impact will a consolidated tape have on the ETF market?
• Susan Yavari, Senior Regulatory Policy Adviser, EFAMA
• Rosa Armesto, Deputy Director General, Federation of European Securities Exchanges
• Brian Higgins, Partner, Dillon Eustace
ETF Investigations is a webinar series from ETF Stream which examines the key issues facing ETF investors in Europe.